How To Always Save Tab Session In Internet Explorer 7?

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) is a little too late coming back into the Internet browser game after their infamous win, beating Netscape Communicator into oblivion in the late 1990s. Wow, that was almost 10 years ago, how time flies! It was almost entirely due to Microsoft integrating Internet Explorer into almost all Windows flavors. Since that victory though, IE has seen very few upgrades and I mean "really few".

With feature-rich browsers like Firefox, Maxthon2, Opera and Safari emerging soon after that and growing non-stop, Microsoft really had trouble (and still do) catching up. Apart from the pop-up blocker and phishing filter in the latest IE7, I don't see anything new that would entice me to convert from Firefox to IE7.

Here's a quote from the article :-
    [​IMG]

Link : How To Always Save Tab Session In Internet Explorer 7?

2. ddmak

ddmak Newbie

Read your article and I too dislike that IE7 can't remember the option to open all the last used tabs.

But your suggestion of using IE7Pro is not really saving much clicks either, unless I am not setting up correctly.

With IE7Pro, even though it will remember the last used tabs, but after opening the browser, I have to click on "Open selected pages" in order to display all my last used tabs.

So in IE7, one would click the option before closing the browser, while in IE7Pro, one would click on the option after opening the browser. Same difference.

I prefer the way Maxthon displays all the tab pages the next time it opens without clicking anything.

I can't comment on Firefox ways of handling tabs since I don't use it.

ddmak

3. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

IE7 is slow!

I still prefer using firefox, either use the "bookmark all tabs" or

use task mgr to end firefox application, then it will prompt u whether to open previous sessions. :thumb:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup, indeed. But with IEPro7, at least it saves the tabs automatically when you close IE7. The next time you open IE7, it will prompt the list of tabs that were saved and you can choose not to open certain tabs. For me, it's still better than nothing coz if you use IE7 and if you forgot to check the option before you close it, all's gone. Happened to me a couple of times. :haha:

I've since converted to Firefox which at the moment is working GREAT. :thumb:

I'm also using Maxthon once in a while but sometimes I do encounter Maxthon lost connection as in it doesn't respond to refresh or goto a link or in other words, you can surf no more. It's as if it's not responding. Only solution is to restart Maxthon. :doh:

I prefer the 'Tab Mix Plus' sessions save system. :clap:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm using Firefox now, but I don't like how Tab Mix Plus managers the tab, too many unwanted button clicks.

6. ddmak

ddmak Newbie

You are absolutely right tho. If one forgets the check the option in IE7 before closing, then one is toasted. hehe.

ddmak

7. eugene82

eugene82 Newbie

If you upgrade to IE8, you will be able to restore the last session easily. Just open a new tab "about:Tabs" (Ctrl+T), and there click "Reopen Last Browsing Session". ;)

8. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

God does anyone even bother to check the last posting date these days?

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Not if they are spammers. :D