Edifier C3 2.1 Speaker System Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

There is a large market for speaker systems that offer great value for money. This is precisely the market that Edifier is targeting with their new C3 speaker set.

Armed with many nifty little features, this 2.1 speaker set could just be what many of you are looking for. Let's see if they succeed in impressing us!

Here's a quote from the review :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Edifier C3 2.1 Speaker System Review

2. Cappy54

Cappy54 Newbie

Edifier C3 2.1 Speaker System Question

Can anyone explain electronically, exactly how the E.I.D.C. system cuts out the noise? Is it clamping a frequency or just cutting down the volume on certain frequency values? Does anyone know? Just call me curious :?:

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

For the E.I.D.C. system to work effectively it should use compression like is used in professional recording and from the description provided I am sure it does. This "filter" isn't linear its logarithmic so will affect higher amplitude signals much more than lower signals which will not degrade the quality of the reproduction too much.

In professional recording open a recording by a band like Nickelback with Wavelab or Sound Forge like we did years ago when we set up the studio. The entire recording is level top and bottom everything is compressed. Another term for this on some home audio systems and music amplifiers is a "limiter"

Hope this helps :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention nice review guys :mrgreen:

4. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

I just checked with an Edifier personnel, and they said it will reduce the input signals through E.I.D.C.

I could not get further details on the matter. They said they are in the process of patenting the E.I.D.C system, so I guess they are rather hesitant on telling how it really works.

@ Mac Daddy, yeah. Your explanation does make a lot of sense! :thumb:
    You set up a recording studio for bands like Nickelback before? Wow! That's really cool! :D

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Have to disagree with you about black being able to hide dust and stains - it's probably the worst IMO :haha:
    But other than that, nice review. I'm curious how much it costs though, coz that will probably be a big factor for a system of this standard.

6. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Black, I think it is better than white when it comes to stains (and white usually changes to yellow after some time. LOL). Other colours, I don't think they are as good as black.
    I think what you mean is that dust (that are usually white) are more apparent on a black surface than a white surface. Yes, I understand this, but stains and dirt were also put into the same thought-bowl. So that's why it was our conclusion that black is the best. :D
    Please do give me your thoughts on this. I'm interested to know more! Thanks! :D

The retail price given by the local distributor is RM369 ($112). :mrgreen:
    What do you think of this price?

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Should be pretty accurate Bro but let Edifier have there lil secrets shhhh ;)

On the studio nah our own for our own music on Nickelback check the waveform in one of the proggies I mentioned it will blow you away. No peaks no valleys a uniform wall of compression upon compression. It gives the recording a live or "roomy" feel.

Have played in just about every place in this area including Barrymores Theater in Ottawa Ontario where once a new band called U2 performed there first Canadian show :mrgreen:

8. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

EIDC Sounds like an analog attenuation filter lol. Or a microcontroller based sense and select system. Hell do we even need EIDC to protect againts the amp clipping? If it clips and you need to utilize such a circuit for attenuation, i'm quite sure the amp section is badly designed.

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Haha yeah that's what I meant...dust shows up more easily on a black surface than on a light colour.

Sounds like a fair price actually. :thumb: