NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB Overclocking Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Did you celebrate Christmas with a new NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB graphics card? Or did Crysis put you down in the dumps with poor frame rates?

Let us show you how to "correct" that problem and achieve better frame rates by overclocking the GPU and memory bus. We will also show you how much performance advantage you can expect from overclocking the GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB in games like Crysis, Company of Heroes, BioShock and Supreme Commander.

Here's a quote from the guide :-
    [​IMG]

Link : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB Overclocking Guide

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Nice guide and great job !!

Now that the 8800GTS is supported by Arctic Cooling S1 revision 2 be nice to see what this card can do with non stock cooling :)

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Mine overheated badly when I overclock. And it's the same card.

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I thought from the look of the heatsink assy it would be better stock than it is. Will let you know on the S1 rev2 cooler :)

5. Chai

Well, my case is extremely hot, and my room temp isn't really 'cooling'.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You can do it!! Turn on the air-conditioner! :twisted:

Wouldn't blame it. It has been really hot these days. :mad: :mad:

7. soccirboy247

soccirboy247 Newbie

Looking for more inpute on the 8800 GTS OC

I enjoyed reading all the tests on TECHARP I just got a new gaming computer .

And I am wondering if there would be an increase in any the results like fame rate or fill rate if you are using TWO of these cards in SLI ???

My system is Nvidia 780I with Q6600 quad core clocked to 3.4 ghz, 4gb ram, 64 bit vista, 1100 watt power supply and TWO EVGA Nvidia 8800 GTS 512 's.

8. Adrian Wong

Definitely. But don't expect it to double your frame rate. It would be more realistic to expect something like a 30-50% boost in frame rate.

More if you are running something very GPU-intensive, like Crysis, or if you are using a very high resolution, like 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1600.

9. soccirboy247

soccirboy247 Newbie

sounds good. I havent OC mine yet but i want to give it a try, does anyone know when you run the 3dmark06 test if you have two GPUs in SLI does your score reflect1 cards or two ???

10. Adrian Wong

No worries, 3DMark 06 will benefit from the SLI cards.

11. Chai

Seriously, do you really need SLI?

Get a cheaper and excellent P35, 8800GTS 512MB, it's good enough for most games except Crysis (not a great game anyway).