ED#73 : Microsoft Windows XP SP3 RC Does NOT Support High Definition Audio

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

In Windows XP, if we need to run a High Definition Audio (HDA) device, we would have to install the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) driver. However, this does NOT work for the latest Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate Release.

If you've already tried installing the Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate v3264 with a High Definition Audio (HDA) device in your computer, I'll bet you have encountered problems with the audio drivers as I did.

Here's a quote from the editorial:-
    [​IMG]

Link : ED#73 : Microsoft Windows XP SP3 RC Does NOT Support High Definition Audio

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I haven't installed this and good to know Dashken running Auzentech X-Plosion here .. Cheers :wave:

3. phuoc200475

phuoc200475 Newbie

can you tell me some more details about this:"extract it and then right-click at the ? mark at the Device Manager where your High Definition Audio (HDA) device is located and reinstall the driver by pointing to the folder you extracted the files to. After that's done, install the audio driver for your motherboard. That's it!"

4. eloquentloser

eloquentloser Newbie

Thanks..

Reinstalling XP on an Asus U5A laptop with Integrated Soundmax, foolishly installed SP3 RC2 first and ran into this problem. Thanks sooooo much for allowing me to avoid uninstalling it. Also allowed the modem driver to (finally) install correctly for some reason.

cheers,

el :)

5. pichit24

pichit24 Newbie

Thank you

Thank you very very much For Driver UUA.
    I find and find it. Long time.

Result:
    install with Windows XP pro SP3 3311 on Acer Veriton 7900
    chipset Q965 (Realtek ALC880)
    UUA worked

Thank you again

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's exactly what it means...

1. Extract the files to a folder.

2. Go to Device Manager... and right click on the ? where your HDA device is located.

3. You will be asked where the driver is. Just select the folder where you extracted the files to.

That's it! :beer:

7. Drewproject86

Drewproject86 Newbie

DUDE! i have searched and searched....and nothing worked....and it kept asking for that file and when i got it the original it never worked....but yours did! thanks a million dude....you dont realize how much u reply on hearing ur sound haha

Cheers:beer: to ur awesomeness haha

8. Makuta

Makuta Newbie

Help?

is there any way I can still get this? I REALLY need it :cry:

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Looks like both the links are down. I will try to look for a copy and upload to our server.