ED#91 : Cannot Drag-and-Drop In Windows XP?!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, May 27, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

We often think there are ghosts in the system whenever it exhibits inexplicable behaviour – doing things we don’t want it to do, and not doing things that we want it to do. It drives many people nuts.

Of course, some people are nuts to begin with! Many of these “ghosts” can often be attributed to the users themselves, giving rise to the acronym, PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair). [​IMG]

Even an IT guru like Dashken is no exception. He recently sought to blame his innocent little sister for making his system go haywire. Little did he know it was his fault all along.... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link : ED#91 : Cannot Drag-and-Drop In Windows XP?!

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  2. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

another common problem is pressing shift too long, shift become sticky key. Is a Accessibility options, then this would cause some hairwire like cannot click but the text get selected. The other thing happen to me is Enter key got stuck just like the esc key. Luckily enter key is so much bigger to spot then the esc key so did not cause too long of frustration.

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

try this

press both left and right shit together
    now type this " the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

------------------
    THE QUICK BROWN FO JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
    notice the X is missing from the FOX?

using mircosft comform curve wireless..
    even a stupid dell keyboard can type that =/
    i heard there are some razer keyboard which performed worst :D
    those still using ps2 might have some missing characters

btw nice pic there, cute hehe

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

now you know why smashing your keyboard when windows goes haywire isn't exactly a bad thing..

thats what i do everytime an app screws up. a round of piano trick, from left to right, right to left, and then alt+ctrl+del :mrgreen:

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Interesting read Dashken .... cars and computers its always something ;)

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

It was lucky that I do use the Esc key. :mrgreen:

But the thing is, I use Media Player Classic to play my movies and the Esc key works in restoring the Window. So, I get the habit of doing that to Windows Media Player too which unfortunately doesn't always work. :lol: That day, it solved my other problem. LOL!

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Cool I use [ctrl] [esc] a lot so will watch for that :D

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL!!! I will have to try the piano trick one day!! :haha: :haha: :thumb:

9. cadivette

cadivette Newbie

Thank You

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You.
    I read all those registery fixes too, and since I already hate wireless keybords and mice I was ready to jump all over that.
    Anyway, sure enough, the user had spilled coke on her keyboard and sure enough the "esc" was just a little lower than the rest.

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You are most welcome. :beer:

11. dvlbny

dvlbny Newbie

Awesome!

Even my IT department couldn't figure this out. TGIG (thank goodness for Google.) First search result link was your post in this forum.

And it worked, thanks man!

DB

12. Adrian Wong

LOL! It's always these little things that are the hardest to figure out! :haha:

13. noel_pg3

noel_pg3 Newbie

gee, like which wireless keyboard were you using, cadivette?

I have a Logitech Desktop Express wireless keyboard and it has been working great on my XP machine. only time that it doesn't work well is when its batteries get weak or the Logitech wireless receiver is far away from the wireless keyboard. those I can fix easily by putting in new batteries or moving the Logitech receiver closer to the keyboard. I also use a Logitech wireless mouse.

14. pculley

pculley Newbie

I really can't believe this - I was suffering from the exact same problem, and spent an hour trying each and every possible fix I found with no results whatsoever - finally I was about to admit defeat when I found this link - you have my utmost gratitude from saving me a lot more stress! :)

I think perhaps it's time for a new keyboard...

15. Adrian Wong

Glad it helped you! :D