ASUS P5Q Motherboards

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, May 30, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

As we mentioned earlier, Intel is set to launch the new Intel 4 series (Eaglelake) chipsets on June 2, 2008. Four chipsets, the P45, P43, G45 and G43, will be released initially.

We were recently given the opportunity to take a look at one of the first P45 motherboards - the ASUS P5Q Deluxe. Let’s take a look!

Here's a quote from the article :-
    [​IMG]

Link : ASUS P5Q Motherboards

2. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

nice looking mbo but i would rather take x48 lol
    take a look on gigabyte x48 mbo (ddr2)
    [​IMG]
    it is not shiny mbo with a lot of usless colors and rest but it kick ass
    anyway i dont think that this 4x chipsets will show any large performance boost
    and what gigabyte told everyone: EPU is just a big scam <<<LINK>>>

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. And ASUS bit back. :haha: :haha:

4. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

It looks quite nice, but I usually don't care about the looks of a mobo anyway, since all the hardware will be infront of it.

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Not a bad looking board overall will be interesting to see how these new chipsets perform :D

6. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

P5Q3 Deluxe is my favourite! I think I will replace my P5B Deluxe with that one.

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

:think: can i have your old P5B mobo then XD. Speaking of Express Gate, I wonder is there anyone that maybe tried it already? really want to know how it performs :thumb: And cool..10 sata ports..10x1tb Hdd should be cool enough :haha: :haha:

8. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Kewl, a new wave of Intel motherboards are coming.
    Hopefully this brings older mobos' prices down. Yay :D

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

IMO X48 aka X38 is a better chipset for memory overclocking. eg Rampage Formula.

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

overpriced mobo :nuts: IMO...But is it really good for oc? I do have a friend using something as similiar as that, but he don't oc it :mrgreen:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Memory overclocking? Meaning? It can clock higher memory speed? Other than for higher FSB overclock, I don't see the point of faster memory speed...

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

yup higher memory speed. the rampage did 1250, while the P5Q clocked in 'only' 1150 for the mem. i mean what else is there to tweak? high-end boards from ASUS and Gigabyte, since the P35 series, have had no issue clocking to 500Mhz for dual and 450-460 for quad. these standards are the norm. Actually I don't even know whats the point of introducing P45, or X38, or X48???? P35 is good enough. we have been looping in the same circle for the past whole year...

Some might argue it's for crossfire since you get proper 8x8x or 16x16x spec..yeah but who the heck buy a pair of Radeon when you can get 3870X2 for a cheaper price??

13. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Even my "old" system can oc well.:)

14. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

965P is still a very decent chipset.

1 person likes this.