Computex 2008 - Live From Taipei

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Adrian is in Taipei right now, bringing us news on the latest hardware product and launches at Computex 2008. If you want an early look at the exciting new products from Intel, AMD, NVIDIA and many, many more companies at Computex, look no further!

Adrian will post all the latest information he gets daily before it's added to the article proper. So, be sure to check here often. :D

Adrian, Live from Taipei :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Computex 2008 - Live From Taipei

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Yes! Arp@Taipei :thumb:

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

It's about time you posted something about Computex 2008 :p
    Pics looking awesome! Keep 'em coming!

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

OMG..Live Coverage..This is so cool, wish i can be there at the same time..should have hid inside Adrian's suitcase before he left to taipei >.<

5. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

this is scary! :sick:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

adrian should know that area very well by now! :lol:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Very cool will be watching closely for the next update :thumb:

8. genese

genese Newbie

I think we have to launch the free ticket to these kind of show in the future.Hahaha:thumb:

9. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

he went there just for computex? cool~

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Tech ARP's next contest..Free airline tickets to somewhere :p

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Latest Information From Computex 2008!

Adrian is in Taipei right now, bringing us news on the latest hardware product and launches at Computex 2008. If you want an early look at the exciting new products from Intel, AMD, NVIDIA and many, many more companies at Computex, look no further!

Adrian will post all the latest information he gets daily before it's added to the article proper. So, be sure to check here often. :D

Latest from Computex :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Latest Information From Computex 2008!

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

ASUS Eee PC 901/1000 Series Launch

The first day started off with the official launch of the new ASUS Eee PC 901 and 1000 series. These new netbooks are based on the new Intel Atom microprocessor and feature the ASUS Super Hybrid Engine which promises to maximize system performance while greatly extending battery life.

Three specific models were launched that day - the small Eee PC 901 with a 8.9" display and two Eee PC 1000 models with a 10" or 10.2" display. The Eee PC 1000 will come with a solid state drive (SSD) while the Eee PC 1000H will have a SATA hard disk drive and Dolby Sound Room support (also available with the Eee PC 901).

Adrian will post all the latest information he gets daily before it’s added to the article proper. So, be sure to check here often. :D

Here’s a something from the launch :-
    [​IMG]

Link : ASUS Eee PC 901/1000 Series Launch

13. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Cool...Say,i wonder hardwares in Taipei cheaper ar?

14. Mac Daddy

Cool stuff :thumb:

15. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Can't wait for "Day 1 : OCZ Technology, ASUS, Asrock and more (Coming soon!)" to be posted ^__^

16. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

intel is really going into SSD?

damn, sooner or later the entire notebook will be mfg-ed by them

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Intel Atom Processor, Intel Atom Netbooks & Nettops Launch

The Intel Atom microprocessor was officially launched on the first day of Computex 2008. NVIDIA had sought to dampen the Intel Atom launch by launching their competing Tegra system-on-a-chip a day earlier, but from what we could tell, Intel was totally unfazed. In fact, they did not even mention Tegra during the event. It was as if the Tegra wasn't even worth talking about...

We had earlier covered the Intel Atom in our Intel Atom Tech Report, so it is really no secret what the Intel Atom can do. Based on a new microarchitecture, the Intel Atom was designed for use in the ultra-mobile, low-cost market that is the domain of netbooks and nettops.

Basically, these are small and light notebooks that can be made cheaply. Hence, the requirement for a small, low-cost processor that offers better price-performance-power ratios that are possible with current notebook processors. Read on and find out.

[​IMG]

Link : Intel Atom Processor, Intel Atom Netbooks & Nettops Launch

18. Mac Daddy

WOW :o

I think Intel has there Sh*t together some nice looking stuff there. As a note check out the second page added including applications for the Intel Atom and other things Intel are working on.

There are 2 pages added on the update :D

19. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

nice. Now I can't wait to get my hands on an Atom Netbook :D

20. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

While i want the new phone that has Nvidia chip in it :p Thanks a lot for the live coverage Dr Adrian >.<