ED#93 : The ATI Radeon HD 4870 Is Prepped For Launch!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

While we were at Computex 2008, we were told by at least 3 ATI partners that the Radeon HD 4870 was not ready for launch anytime soon. We were also told that ATI had decided to delay the launch of their Radeon HD 4850 graphics card from June 18 to June 25, 2008.

At first, we figured that ATI pushed back the Radeon HD 4850's launch date to avoid the launch of the NVIDIA GTX 280 and GTX 260 graphics. Perhaps that was originally the reason but we now understand that the delay has also allowed them to...

[​IMG]

Link : ED#93 : The ATI Radeon HD 4870 Is Prepped For Launch!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Btw 4850 is being sold here now :p. I heard it's launching at June 18. both HIS and Gigabyte's 4850 are selling at 750 while Gecube has it selling at 690 :D

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Nice lets see how they perform :D

4. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

If Ati stays with single power connector and offers good speed, lower heat disipation and low noise not to mention lower price than 260/280 I would gladly buy one. The name of the game should be Green. But as far as I can see nVidia doesn't care, though it's green :)

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Lol, sellers here even have war on the new gpu O_O..from 750 to 699 with a free keyboard O.O

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. I think ATI is less strict on their NDAs. :haha:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wrong. GT280 is already being sold as well! :haha: Just like 8800GTS G92 was sold 2 weeks before the launch.

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

@chai,yeah...and it's sold at 2.4k :p..ain't cheap you know =/

9. Chai

I think GT280 is not worth buying at all. Just get 9800GTX.

10. Adrian Wong

Then I really don't know why they are so paranoid about the GTX 280 at Computex. :nuts: :nuts:

11. Chai

It's part of the "show"!

12. Adrian Wong

LOL!! Instead of hiring a spy, why not spend the money on more booth babes? :haha: :haha:

13. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I second that motion :thumb: