Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Dual-Core Processor Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 is new low-cost Core 2 processor targeted at the mainstream market. Unlike other Wolfdale-based processors though, the Core 2 Duo E7200 has half its L2 cache disabled. This leaves the processor with only 3MB of L2 cache. It also uses a slower FSB speed of 1066 MHz.

But does that mean it is slower than the Conroe-based Core 2 Duo processors that have 4MB of L2 cache and a faster FSB speed? You would be surprised at the results when we tested this processor and compared it against the performance of the Conroe-based Core 2 Duo processors.

[​IMG]

Link : Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Dual-Core Processor Review

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Considering the price point works quite well !!

3. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Where I live Q6600s are going for 170$<price<200$.

4. Yukirin

Yukirin Newbie

Nice Review :thumb: I've forwarded the link to all my friends who work as PC Hardware Retailer. I've always believe that understanding the hardware before giving recommendation to customer is always an advantage against other competitors :mrgreen:

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Man, that's the cool one, wish I want to stick that processor into my newly acquired P5NSLI ! muahaha! :D

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Was quite surprised by its performance actually. Expected it to be much slower than the E6750 actually.

7. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

nice cpu it is almost same base as 8200 but only thing that is mising is 3Mb cache and some extra juice(like a bit higher fsb) lol