ED#102 : The Intel Core i7 Processor & Intel X58 Express Chipset Are Ready For Launch

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Back in June, we leaked Intel's desktop CPU and chipset roadmaps. They showed that the new Core i7 desktop processor (codenamed Bloomfield) and its chipset, the Intel X58 Express (codenamed Tylersburg) are scheduled to be launched sometime in Q4, 2008. Well, we are now in Q4, 2008!

Earlier today, we were informed by a source from a major motherboard manufacturer that the Intel Core i7 and the X58 Express are both ready for launch. In fact, this source was informed last month by both their HQ and an Intel representative to prepare for a launch very soon. If what our source says is correct, then the Intel Core i7 and X58 Express could be out as early as....

[​IMG]

Link : ED#102 : The Intel Core i7 Processor & Intel X58 Express Chipset Are Ready For Launch!

2. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

sweet, can't wait for the benchmark :D

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It's going to be real sweet, I think... I just hope it's affordable. :mrgreen:

4. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel Core i7 965 3.2GHz Extreme Edition
    G.Skill 6x2GB DDR3 1066
    2 x ATI 4870x2
    Corsair HX 1000w
    Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80B

OK, I'll stop...

5. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Hmmm. Total hawtness. It's gonna cost alot for sure I think. It's gonna be the high end of Intel, and the older socket 775 will go cheaper.

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

We have just updated the editorial! :wave:

Back in June, we leaked Intel's desktop CPU and chipset roadmaps. They showed that the new Core i7 desktop processor (codenamed Bloomfield) and its chipset, the Intel X58 Express (codenamed Tylersburg) are scheduled to be launched sometime in Q4, 2008. Well, we are now in Q4, 2008!

Earlier today, we were informed by a source from a major motherboard manufacturer that the Intel Core i7 and the X58 Express are both ready for launch. In fact, this source was informed last month by both their HQ and an Intel representative to prepare for a launch very soon. If what our source says is correct, then the Intel Core i7 and X58 Express could be out as early as....

[​IMG]

Link : ED#102 : The Intel Core i7 Processor & Intel X58 Express Chipset Are Ready For Launch Rev. 1.1

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

We updated the editorial again! :wave:

We were able to obtain the final, confirmed launch date! The Intel Core i7-965 Extreme Edition, i7-940 and i7-920 processors, as well as the Intel X58 Express chipset will be released at 9:00 pm Pacific Time, November 16, 2008. This will be followed by the official Intel press release and worldwide launch events on November 17. More details in the editorial.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#102 : The Intel Core i7 Processor & Intel X58 Express Chipset Are Ready For Launch Rev. 1.2