NVIDIA's Big Bang 2!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

After losing their own Battle Of The Midway Islands against the ATI Radeon HD 4870 and Radeon HD 4850 graphics cards and suffering reliability issues with their GPUs, NVIDIA went from being seemingly invincible to virtually fighting for their lives.

With the performance crown and popularity radically shifting to ATI, NVIDIA needs a new gimmick to regain their fortunes, and they think they have it in what they call their Big Bang 2 - the forthcoming Release 180 NVIDIA ForceWare drivers.

[​IMG]

Link : NVIDIA's Big Bang 2!

2. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

one big comeback, I guess ?

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LOLOL!

They finally decided to re-enable this on desktop cards. This feature was Quadro exclusive.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think they had no choice. They really have to close the gap.

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Yeah, just to sway some potential buyers over. ATI already had this feature implemented for a long time, if they don't do this dual monitor users will most definitely get 4870.

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO!

I couldn't resist. NVIDIA and optimizations. It has been a few years but I still think its hilarious as hell... :lol:

Attached Files:

7. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Looks promising, too bad I won't be using SLI anytime soon

8. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

Well i guess they have to do something if they cannot bring a new card to the table, a new driver may be the next best thing...Only problem if you have sold your nvidia card and bought an ati, you are not going to buy your old tech back again hmmmm....

9. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

going to see the IQ test very soon. Well, i still think a good benefit for budget card.

10. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Hahah I remember that :haha:

11. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Apart from this, their 9400 board sounds promising, potentially able to grab some of the HTPC/SFF user market from AMD (790GX)

12. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hmm,nice..hope to see them challenge back ATI (but then they are just gonna semi-fight back by using drivers?)

13. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Hak! this is "padan muka"

Fussy player, deserves fussy treatment!

14. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

True that... I wouldn't mind having an Intel system with a good IGP instead a stinky Intel IGP or an old Nvidia IGP.