ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Microsoft is releasing monthly updates to OEMs on their upcoming Windows 7 operating system. Here is their latest update. The next update is scheduled to be released around November 13, 2008.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap

2. mhenriday

mhenriday Newbie

Thanks, Dashken, for the heads-up ! To my surprise, nowhere in the language waves you describe could I find Swedish, ärans och hjältarnas språk. May I ask if the oversight was yours, or Microsofts ?

Henri

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hi Henri, it was not mentioned in the Microsoft document. :(

4. Adrian Wong

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 1.2

We have just updated with more details! :wave:

Microsoft is releasing monthly updates to OEMs on their upcoming Windows 7 operating system. Here is the latest update on the SKU details. The next update is scheduled to be released in November, 2008.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 1.2

6. Adrian Wong

Alas, Microsoft has decided to delay their scheduled announcement of further details on the Windows 7 project. The next update is now scheduled to be released for the first week of December, 2008. For more information, read the updated editorial.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 1.3

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
  7. Adrian Wong

Microsoft has decided YET AGAIN to delay their scheduled announcement of further details on the Windows 7 project. The next update is now scheduled to be released in the SECOND WEEK of December, 2008. For more information, read the updated editorial.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 1.4

8. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

I'm tempted to actually find that leaked VHD DVD that's been in the wild for the last month or so and see if the changes under the hood do make Windows 7 a much improved OS. Vista is to my standards 70% of what my expectation but as a power user, certain aspects keep bugging me (such as pre-allocated RAM usage) and gaming experience which makes me still hesitate to fully migrate to Vista 100% (I still keep a dual boot option in my rig)

9. Adrian Wong

ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 1.5

We have just updated the editorial with new details on on the Windows 7 SKU plan, Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) program, the Windows 7 Technical Guarantee Program and Windows Live Update! :wave:

The next update is scheduled to be released in January 8, 2008, but we may receive internal updates between now and then. Be sure to check back often!

[​IMG]

Link : ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 1.5

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  10. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I'll probably upgrade my Home Premium when the time comes :)

11. Adrian Wong

You mean the Tech Guarantee Program? That's only for those who buy Vista around the time Windows 7 is released. It's not applicable for current Windows Vista users.

12. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Aargh, my bad. I didn't read good enough :doh:

13. Monkfish

Monkfish Newbie

Is this just for those who buy a new PC from now or since Vista was released?

I think Microsoft should provide a free upgrade to Windows 7 to all those running a legit copy of Vista.

14. Adrian Wong

The start and end dates have not been finalized yet but tentatively, it starts from July 1, 2009.

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I still think it should be called Windows Vista 98! :haha: I mean it's like Windows 95 to Windows 98.

16. Adrian Wong

LOL! You mean Windows Vista 2009. :D

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 1.6

Microsoft is releasing monthly updates to OEMs on their upcoming Windows 7 operating system. Here is the latest update on the next scheduled Windows 7 program update.

In this revision, we have added a link to the Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Program draft details.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 1.6

18. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Hmmm can't wait for Windows 7 to come out. I read that it's pretty kickass and fast versus Windows Vista.

19. Adrian Wong

ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 2.0

Microsoft is releasing monthly updates to OEMs on their upcoming Windows 7 operating system. As usual, we managed to get our hands on the juicy details!

In this revision, we expanded the article to 3 pages and added new details on the Windows 7 SKU strategy, launch schedule and the Windows Live program.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 2.0

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  20. Adrian Wong

ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 2.1

Microsoft is releasing monthly updates to OEMs on their upcoming Windows 7 operating system. As usual, we managed to get our hands on the juicy details!

In this revision, we added new information to the Windows 7 launch schedule and Tech Guarantee Program sections.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#105 : The Latest Microsoft Windows 7 Roadmap Rev. 2.1

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009