The Intel Core i7 Installation Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It was the dawn of a new era for Intel when they launched the new Nehalem microarchitecture, the first microprocessor to be based on it - the Intel Core i7 processor and its attendant chipset - the Intel X58 Express.

Technical advances aside, the introduction of the new CPU socket means the new platform is not only imcompatible with LGA775 Intel processors but also the CPU coolers designed for that socket. New users migrating from the AMD platforms may find the new socket both foreign and even a little scary.

Hence, we decided to come up with a pictorial guide to show you just how easy it is to install an LGA1366 processor and its cooler. We will demonstrate the process using the spanking new Intel Core i7 processor and the cooler it ships with.

[​IMG]

Link : The Intel Core i7 Installation Guide

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The Intel Core i7 Installation Guide Rev. 2.0

It was the dawn of a new era for Intel when they launched the new Nehalem microarchitecture, the first microprocessor to be based on it - the Intel Core i7 processor and its attendant chipset - the Intel X58 Express.

Technical advances aside, the introduction of the new CPU socket means the new platform is not only imcompatible with LGA775 Intel processors but also the CPU coolers designed for that socket. New users migrating from the AMD platforms may find the new socket both foreign and even a little scary.

Hence, we decided to come up with a pictorial guide to show you just how easy it is to install an LGA1366 processor, its cooler and DDR3 memory. We will demonstrate the process using the spanking new Intel Core i7 processor, the cooler it ships with, some DDR3 memory and the ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard.

In this updated version, we added three new pages on DDR3 operation and installation for the Intel Core i7 system.

[​IMG]

Link : The Intel Core i7 Installation Guide Rev. 2.0