Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Although Microsoft has consistently asserted in public that Windows 7 will probably only be launched in 2010, the truth is they are rushing for a December 2009 release. How close are they? Well, one of Windows 7's key components, Internet Explorer 8 is almost ready for launch!

We just received word that Microsoft is ready to release Internet Explorer 8 to manufacturing (RTM) in the next few weeks. Let's take a look at the information we managed to get our grubby little hands on!

[​IMG]

Link : Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details

2. Adrian Wong

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details Rev. 2.0

Although Microsoft has consistently asserted in public that Windows 7 will probably only be launched in 2010, the truth is they are rushing for a December 2009 release. How close are they? Well, one of Windows 7's key components, Internet Explorer 8 is almost ready for launch!

Microsoft is actually ready to release Internet Explorer 8 to manufacturing (RTM) in the next few weeks. Here are the latest updates on IE8 :

[​IMG]

Link : Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details Rev. 2.0

3. Adrian Wong

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details Rev. 3.0

Microsoft is actually ready to release Internet Explorer 8 to manufacturing (RTM) NEXT WEEK! Here are the latest updates on IE8 :

[​IMG]

Link : Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details Rev. 3.0

4. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Nice! I have been looking forward to upgrading to 8.0, but always help back until the final version :)

5. Adrian Wong

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details Rev. 4.0

Although Microsoft has consistently asserted in public that Windows 7 will probably only be launched in 2010, the truth is they are rushing for a December 2009 release.

How close are they? Well, one of Windows 7's key components, Internet Explorer 8 is READY FOR LAUNCH! Here are the latest updates on IE8 :

[​IMG]

Link : Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details Rev. 4.0

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Who got the correct date?

8. Adrian Wong

WE got the correct date! :D

9. Adrian Wong

Thank Microsoft. We are just the messengers! :D

10. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Well, it still has bugs. I've installed it on two systems (fresh install on a system and upgrade from version 6 on another) and it hangs-crashes without a warning, no error code. All updates applied on both systems...I'll stay with Opera and Firefox. I'm forced to use IE for some TVOnline sites 'cause they don't support other browsers. Anyway it's not a big thing since I'm using IE for testing websites (rendering speed, loading times and so on). I guess pretty soon updates will emerge.

11. Adrian Wong

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details Rev. 4.1

Although Microsoft has consistently asserted in public that Windows 7 will probably only be launched in 2010, the truth is they are rushing for a December 2009 release.

How close are they? Well, one of Windows 7's key components, Internet Explorer 8 is now out and available for download! Here are the latest updates on IE8 :

[​IMG]

Link : Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 RTM Details Rev. 4.1

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  12. Robert

Robert Newbie

According to MSDN Blog
    IE 8 will be available by WSUS after 25.08.2009

BR,
    Robert

13. Adrian Wong

Thanks, Robert!! :thumb: