Western Digital My Passport Essential 500 GB External USB 3.0 Hard Disk Drive Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Western Digital has a wide variety of external storage products for both the PC and Mac markets. The external drives are available in both large desktop and smaller portable formats. Under the portable segment alone, Western Digital offers five drive families for the PC, and three drive families for the Mac.

Today, we are going to take a look at one of their latest portable drives for the PC market - the 500 GB Western Digital My Passport Essential external USB 3.0 hard disk drive. It boasts the following features :

Now, let's find out how this portable hard disk drive fares against its competitors!
    [​IMG]

Link : Western Digital My Passport Essential 500 GB External USB 3.0 Hard Disk Drive Review

2. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I want to correct this. Is not a standard 2.5" drive, there is no adapter board to convert from SATA to USB. The USB chip is build into the PCB so you have the smaller form factor compare to other USB portable drive..

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Ah...which is why it is shorter than most.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Oh, thanks for the heads-up! Corrected! :beer:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011