ED#131 : CPU Idling Problem In The Apple iPhone 4S? (This Stupid App Doesn't Work!)

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The Apple iPhone 4S might be a small upgrade if you were using the iPhone 4, but it is a huge upgrade if you are upgrading from the iPhone 3GS, as I was. Not only was the screen much sharper (albeit still the same size!), the iPhone 4S was much faster. Unfortunately, I also immediately noticed a big problem with the iPhone 4S - its terrible battery life.

Recently, my brother pointed me to a very nice app called System Monitor with Battery Max. It's a 99 cent app that allows you to monitor the hardware and software of your iDevice. What's really nifty about it was it was able to give me a live read of the iPhone 4S' CPU load. What we found shocked us - the Apple iPhone 4S had a constantly high CPU load even when it idles!

[​IMG]

Link : ED#131 : CPU Idling Problem In The Apple iPhone 4S?

2. Adrian Wong

ED#131 : CPU Idling Problem In The Apple iPhone 4S? Rev. 2.0

The Apple iPhone 4S might be a small upgrade if you were using the iPhone 4, but it is a huge upgrade if you are upgrading from the iPhone 3GS, as I was. Not only was the screen much sharper (albeit still the same size!), the iPhone 4S was much faster. Unfortunately, I also immediately noticed a big problem with the iPhone 4S - its terrible battery life.

Recently, my brother pointed me to a very nice app called System Monitor with Battery Max. It's a 99 cent app that allows you to monitor the hardware and software of your iDevice. What's really nifty about it was it was able to give me a live read of the iPhone 4S' CPU load. What we found shocked us - the Apple iPhone 4S had a constantly high CPU load even when it idles!

DO NOT BUY THE APP. Please check out this critical update :

[​IMG]

Link : ED#131 : CPU Idling Problem In The Apple iPhone 4S? Rev. 2.0

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
  3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Attached Files:

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

iPad 2 ......................

Attached Files:

5. Adrian Wong

Ahh.. That confirms it then... The stupid app cannot differentiate between single and dual core processors. :wall: :wall:

6. Adrian Wong

DO NOT BUY THE APP. Please check out this critical update :

[​IMG]

Link : ED#131 : CPU Idling Problem In The Apple iPhone 4S?(This Stupid App Doesn't Work!) Rev. 2.1

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
  7. zy

App has been updated ;)

Attached Files:

8. Adrian Wong

LOL!!! I actually deleted it a few days ago!!! :haha:

Did they mention what was updated? :D

9. zy

I think only the cpu calculations.