ED#132 : Apple To Re-Enable 3G Switch In iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Fast forward to 16th December 2011 and the launch of the Apple iPhone 4S. I was one of the first to upgrade to the iPhone 4S due to an almost-dead Home button on my iPhone 3GS. But almost immediately, I noticed a big problem - like the Dopod 595, the iPhone 4S won't allow me to disable the 3G network!

The call would randomly drop and I would get a Call Failed notice, and the signal would drop to nothing and the iPhone starts searching for the Maxis network. It takes a minute or two before it would reconnect and allow me to make another call. Needless to say, it's not only frustrating but is also costing me money in extra calls.

After complaining to Maxis countless times, I was able to discuss this problem with their engineers. During one of our conversations recently, their engineer told me that they have been in touch with Apple about my problem, and one of the solutions Apple suggested was for me to wait for the upcoming iOS 5.1 update.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#132 : Apple To Re-Enable 3G Switch In iPhone 4S

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ED#132 : Apple To Re-Enable 3G Switch In iPhone 4S Rev. 2.0

Fast forward to 16th December 2011 and the launch of the Apple iPhone 4S. I was one of the first to upgrade to the iPhone 4S due to an almost-dead Home button on my iPhone 3GS. But almost immediately, I noticed a big problem - like the Dopod 595, the iPhone 4S won't allow me to disable the 3G network!

The call would randomly drop and I would get a Call Failed notice, and the signal would drop to nothing and the iPhone starts searching for the Maxis network. It takes a minute or two before it would reconnect and allow me to make another call. Needless to say, it's not only frustrating but is also costing me money in extra calls.

After complaining to Maxis countless times, I was able to discuss this problem with their engineers. During one of our conversations recently, their engineer told me that they have been in touch with Apple about my problem, and one of the solutions Apple suggested was for me to wait for the upcoming iOS 5.1 update.

In today's update, we look at the changes in iOS 5.1 and see it solves the call dropping issue with 3G networks.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#132 : Apple To Re-Enable 3G Switch In iPhone 4S Rev. 2.0