ED#133 : How To Stop Facebook Notifications On Apple iOS

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Facebook sure is addictive. Many people cannot live without constant updates on Facebook. Cue in the Facebook iOS app that allows you to bring Facebook wherever you go.

When I first gave it a try, it was fun. I would get updates all the time. Then it got a little tedious... and annoying. The Facebook app would keep pinging me everytime someone made a new post or a comment. I tried cutting down what Facebook would notify me to just new posts or comments. However, that still resulted in a deluge of notifications.

Eventually, I got so annoyed, I decided to turn off ALL push notifications by the Facebook app. But what the heck, they kept coming like a tsunami. Unstoppable.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#133 : How To Stop Facebook Notifications On Apple iOS

2. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Who cares about this article ...

anti-apple fan boy ..

3. Adrian Wong

Hahaha... But don't you have an iPad? ;)

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I can safely say that...

5. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Ipad not mine, is my mom's. I got a Tab ..

6. Adrian Wong

Well, I like using iDevices, but I'm not a "fanatic". iDevices are not infallible, no matter what their fans tell you. They have a lot of problems, and I've faced quite a number of them. So this article really isn't about how good Apple's stuff is.

In fact, it's about the Facebook app which was sort of "broken" by iOS 5's new Notification Center feature. In a way, Ken's right - this Facebook app is pretty crappy. iOS 5 has been out for a long time now, and they still haven't fixed the problem. :roll:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wait till you try the Facebook app on Android. It is getting worse since the earlier release...

Developer issue.

8. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. For all the money they have, you would expect Facebook to spend a little time and money on these apps.

9. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I just use browser for facebook ... who cares about their apps ..