ED#166 : Intel Haswell Refresh CPU Details Leaked

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

CPU-World recently scored inside details of the forthcoming Intel Haswell Refresh processors. As is well known by now, Intel has decided to delay their "Tick" - the 14 nm die shrink, and introduce a refresh of the Intel Haswell processors instead, starting with the desktop models.

While these "Haswell Refresh" models have new model numbers, they are no different from the current Haswell processors - just faster at the same price. They will therefore replace (not supplement) the current Haswell processors, although they will co-exist until stocks of the older models have exhausted.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#166 : Intel Haswell Refresh CPU Details Leaked

2. Adrian Wong

ED#166 : Intel Haswell Refresh CPU Details Leaked Rev. 2.0

CPU-World recently scored inside details of the forthcoming Intel Haswell Refresh processors. As is well known by now, Intel has decided to delay their "Tick" - the 14 nm die shrink, and introduce a refresh of the Intel Haswell processors instead, starting with the desktop models.

While these "Haswell Refresh" models have new model numbers, they are no different from the current Haswell processors - just faster at the same price. They will therefore replace (not supplement) the current Haswell processors, although they will co-exist until stocks of the older models have exhausted.

In this update, we added the L3 Cache specifications to the list, and corrected the specifications of the Intel Core i5-4590T and Intel Core i3-4350 processors.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#166 : Intel Haswell Refresh CPU Details Leaked Rev. 2.0

3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Really? And I'm just about to buy a 4340...:doh:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You can wait for the new refresh and the 9 series chipset. But it's not going to make a lot of difference. Then again, no one likes something old... Just wait for another month. :mrgreen:

5. Adrian Wong

The refresh is going to push the price of the older Haswell CPUs down, so might as well wait. :mrgreen:

6. Chai

Judging from the old IvyBridge price they are still selling now, I'm afraid not.

7. Trinity

I need to upgrade. So I'll probably get the 3.6G. Sick about thinking about it... trinity still reboots:( and is only a matter of time before windows gets messed up again.:doh:

8. Trinity

Are you saying Z87 is going bye-bye?:think:

9. Chai

Z97 should be out 1 month after Haswell refresh according to news source.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk