Camera Shootout : ASUS ZenFone 2 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S6 & Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Smartphones have now replaced many digital cameras and even DSLRs as the camera of choice for many people. Not only can it take great photos these days, it can do so in more creative ways, thanks to innovations like the selfie stick. Therefore, it is no surprise that the smartphone's photographic capabilities are one of its most important features.

We were one of the lucky ones to snag a unit of the ASUS ZenFone 2, which we have since unboxed for your viewing pleasure. This is the premium 5.5" ZE551ML model with 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB of flash storage.

[​IMG]

We have been using multiple smartphones to take our photos and videos at various locations to test them out. Take a look at our results, and see for yourself how the ZenFone 2 stacks up against the Galaxy S6 / Galaxy S6 edge and the Apple iPhone 6.

Link : Camera Shootout : ASUS ZenFone 2 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S6 & Apple iPhone 6

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think you should take more variety of shots, especially outdoors. I think there's too many macro shots, which is not the most popular kind of camera phone photography IMO.

Maybe you can also share a bit more details on the shutter speed and ISO details especially for dark environment.

I found out some interesting information about my Z1 Compact which is extremely notorious for its high ISO noise, due to its aggressive ISO settings.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Got more coming up. You will notice that even selfies are missing. Will also have a comparison with HDR and Super Resolution modes.

I set them all to Auto, because this is how most people use them. The Pro modes will come after the HDR and Super Resolution modes are done.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, I agree with the auto mode. But there's still a lot to know what and how these cameras achieve these results.