Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by peaz, Mar 30, 2004.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

These days, there are so many graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, Max_87 decided to compile a guide of the various GPU configurations in the market, including many classics.

We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

[​IMG]

Link : The ARP GPU Comparison Guide

1 person likes this.
  2. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

waaaaaaaa...............max_87 also writing 4 team arp now......... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ...........going 2 read it now............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Got a mistake here, someone please edit it :)
    the 9700pro and AIW9700pro core speed should be 310Mhz :mrgreen: Thanks a lot for those who report these errors :D

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Someone also reported that the radeon7200 OEM version is 166/166 while the retail version is 183/183.

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

No. 9700 Pro runs at 325/310 core/memory speed.

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

eh? Sorry :oops: i mean memory speed :wall:

8. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

strange. i thought GF4Ti was native DX8.0 only. nVidia never had any DX8.1 cards isn't it?

i've read arguments that while R8500 went DX8.1, GF4Ti was only DX8.0. then later both went to DX9 with nVidia never had a DX8.1.

9. Chai

I remember 8500 supports PS1.4, and Ti series only PS1.1. Is that why they call DX8, and DX8.1?

10. goldfries

yeah it's the PS issue.

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

12. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

its a realli good guide.......... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ...........team arp should write more dis kind of guide.......... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

13. bug

bug Newbie

missing 'high-end' cards

Notably missing from the chart are the over priced "architecture/drafting" type gpu... the ati Fire and nvidia Quatro and 3dlab Wildcats. It would be interesting to see how those $2000 and $4000 models compare to the $400 and $500 high-end "gaming" gpu.

14. goldfries

i thought it's Quadro. anyway the word Comparison is rather misleading.

i thought it was a chart with benches showing the differences ablablablablbalbal.

yet in a way, comparison is also the correct word to use. maybe should put Specifications Comparison or something.

15. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

ok wat...........it is comparison of gpu wat............... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

16. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

hehe, i think that "specification comparison" is better :mrgreen: agree with goldfries

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

max_87.. just wondering bout the memory specs for 9600XT ..

is 200mhz its original specs ?.. coz i see most 9600xt running 300mhz ..

18. Chai

Radeon 9600 Pro
    AIW Radeon 9600 Pro
    Radeon 9600XT

These 3 should run at 300MHz for memory clock speed. I will tell Adrian about the mistakes.

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know about the mistakes! :mrgreen:

I have already corrected them. Will post the updated guide together with new updates from Max_87.

As for the name change, well, I will try to do that when it is possible. It's not so easy as we have to edit the database to do that. :mrgreen:

20. goldfries

i've seen some Radeon 9600 Pro running at 200mhz. however i suspect it's just a Radeon 9600. don't know why the box sez Pro. naming deception maybe......

and about the FX5700. i'm wondering.......the one i'm using runs at 425/550 (which is 275mhz for the memory). so is the one i'm using running off-spec?