The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

These days, there are so many graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, Max_87 decided to compile a guide of the various workstation GPU configurations in the market, including many classics.

We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

[​IMG]

Link : The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide!

2. sputnik1969

sputnik1969 Newbie

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Thanks for informing us about the mistake :mrgreen:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

5. pmg4125

pmg4125 Newbie

Good guide.

Worth to look at. But i still love my Wildcats 5110 :p

I can help you on the Wildcats series and to be notorious, i can include SGI's workstation cards too... heheheheheeeeee.

Correction : 3DLabs is the brand name.

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Hey, why not? :mrgreen:
    May i have your email address, icq or any other contacts? :D

7. pmg4125

pmg4125 Newbie

mythiclogica at hotmail dot com

take your pick. Choose wise, it may lead you to a brighter mythic life :p

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Thank you :mrgreen:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

10. News Writer

News Writer News Writer

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to over 50 workstation graphics cards.

We hope this comparison will provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various workstation graphics cards in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here are the updates :-

• Added the ATI FireGL X3-256, FireGL V3100, FireGL V3200, FireGL V5100 and FireGL V7100 cards.
      [*] Added the NVIDIA Quadro FX 4000 card.
      [*] Corrected Vertex Pipeline specifications for the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1000, Quadro FX 1100, Quadro FX 2000, Quadro FX 3000, Quadro FX 3000G.

[​IMG]

Link : The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 2.2!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  11. News Writer

News Writer News Writer

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to over 50 workstation graphics cards.

We hope this comparison will provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various workstation graphics cards in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

• Added the Architecture specifications for the ATI FireGL X3-256, FireGL V3100, FireGL V3200, FireGL V5100 & FireGL V7100.
      [*]Added the Core Speed specifications for the ATI FireGL V3100 & FireGL V3200.
      [*]Added the Fill Rate specifications for the ATI FireGL V3100 & FireGL V3200.
      [*]Added the Memory Speed specifications for the ATI FireGL V3100 & FireGL V3200.
      [*]Added the Memory Bandwidth specifications for the ATI FireGL V3100, FireGL V3200 & FireGL V5100
      [*]Added the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300, Quadro FX 1400 & Quadro 3400.
      [*]Added the OpenGL Support specifications for the ATI FireGL 2, FireGL 3 & FireGL 4.
      [*]Added the Vertex Shader Version specifications for the ATI FireGL 2, FireGL 3 & FireGL 4.
      [*]Corrected the Manufacturing Process specifications for the ATI FireGL V3100.

[​IMG]

Link : The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 2.3!

12. fastednyc

fastednyc Newbie

Is 3Dlabs A Good Workstation Graphics Card???

I would like to know is there any infro about 3dLabs Realism 200 video Card ???? :rolleyes: 3Dlabs
    I'm going to build a workstation in the next two weeks and I want to know what is the best of the best??? When it comes to Workstation Graphics

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Unfortunately, the specifications of the 3Dlabs' cards are not easy to find and the clock speeds of the cards cannot be detected using any overclocking softwares, so far from what i know. As for the other specs :lol: 3Dlabs doesn't like to reveal them either :wall: :wall: If not i would've included them into the guide :wall:

14. fastednyc

fastednyc Newbie

Thank you Max_87

If you would build a workstation what card would you use??? :idea:

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

erm....I don't need a workstation system :lol:
    Anyway, I think i'll most probably going for the Quadro FX series ;)

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

• Many thanks to Eugene Tenenbaum for these updates! :thumb:
    • Added the NVIDIA Quadro FX 330, FX 540 and Quadro FX 4400 cards.
    • Added a new specification of Geometry Rate for NVIDIA cards.
    • Added OpenGL Support specifications for the remaining NVIDIA cards.
    • Corrected various mistakes in Vertex Pipelines, Vertex Shader Version, Pixel Pipelines and Pixel Shader Version.
    • Corrected various mistakes in Core Speed, Fill Rate, Memory Speed and Memory Bandwidth.

[​IMG]

Link : The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.0!

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to over 60 workstation graphics cards.

• Added the ATI FireGL V5000 card.
    • Added the Matrox Millenium P650 PCIe card.
    • Added the Core & Memory Speed, Fill Rate & Memory Bandwidth specifications for FireGL V7100, FireGL V5100, FireGL X3-256
    • No. of cards : 61

[​IMG]

Link : The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.1!

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to over 70 workstation graphics cards.

[​IMG]

Link : The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.2!

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.3!

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to over 70 workstation graphics cards.

[​IMG]

Link : The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.3!

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to over 80 workstation graphics cards.

[​IMG]

Link : The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.0!