U Mobile to Add Two Million New Customers Through "Vision 2 Million" Campaign

Discussion in 'News' started by Adrian Wong, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Kuala Lumpur, 17 September 2014 – U Mobile Sdn Bhd, Malaysia’s most dynamic and innovative telco, brings forth yet another great surprise to the market with its Vision 2 Million campaign – the company’s initiative to add two million new subscribers to its existing pool of customers by 31 December 2014. The campaign resonates with the company’s unwavering efforts to bring unrivalled mobile experience to more customers, enabling them to enjoy high quality mobile internet services on-the-go when they stay connected.

Fresh after its network expansion rollout plan announcement aimed at delivering better network quality and coverage through an additional 2,000 3G and 4G LTE sites; the challenger brand is embarking on a new marketing campaign to encourage more consumers to jump onto the U Mobile bandwagon, which will drive greater business growth in terms of subscription and market presence. This also echoes the telco’s overarching expansion plan to strengthen its position in the industry, in hopes of becoming the leading full-fledged telco in Malaysia.

Known for the company’s innovative and unconventional approaches to product innovation and consumer engagement; U Mobile is the first telco in the market to initiate a campaign of this nature hitherto. The company also commits to offer customers FREE on-net calls and FREE internet for one day on 1 January 2015, should they achieve their vision by the end of 2014.

[​IMG]

“We are optimistic about achieving our vision, and are ready to take on the challenge with a series of exciting activities, as well as attractive product offerings. In light of the campaign, we are introducing brand new promotions that reward our customers when they switch to our services, as well as our refreshed Friend Referral Programme. Furthermore, we have lots of surprises in our pipeline which we will roll out soon, which will benefit our customers immensely,” said Jasmine Lee, Chief Marketing Officer of U Mobile.

“Being a consumer-centric telco, we constantly reinvent our approach for the market, and adapt ourselves according to the latest trends and directions, catering our services to meet their demands. We will continue to explore more avenues and opportunities to engage with our customers, and elevate their user experience with U Mobile” she added.

Switch to U Mobile and Enjoy One Year Free Internet

To encourage mobile users to switch to U Mobile, the telco is refreshing its Mobile Number Portability (MNP) promotion by offering new prepaid customers FREE Internet for one year. Customers who switched to U Mobile prepaid services from 16 September 2014 onwards can enjoy for 1 year free 250MB high speed mobile internet for every RM30 top-up and above, along with free calls and other special benefits.

With this promotion, U Mobile prepaid customers will have more bandwidth to stay connected with their friends and family via instant messaging and social media platform; as well as accessing their favourite content via their smart devices. U Mobile will also be organizing a series of activities within the period to encourage more mobile users to switch to the telco, part of its tactical approach that is parallel to U Mobile’s Vision 2 Million pledge.

Making it more convenient for customers to port-in to U Mobile, the telco has introduced its Online MNP service, which reduces the hassle of travelling to a U Mobile outlet to complete the procedures. Prospective customers are only required to purchase a SIM pack from any authorized U Mobile distributors and log on to the telco’s website to fill in the mandatory information. Upon receiving an SMS confirmation to indicate that they have successfully ported over, they will receive RM3 worth of mobile credit for free, and start enjoying all the great offerings and benefits from U Mobile.

More Friends, More FREE Credit

Customers can now bring the rewarding U Mobile experience to their circle of contact, enabling them to enjoy the telco’s attractive product offerings, as well as high quality mobile services. Through the new Friend Referral Programme, U Mobile is encouraging customers to grow their community within the network and enjoy greater savings when they stay connected with one another.

U Mobile customers can simply retrieve their Friend Referral Code code via *114# or U Mobile - Prepaid Member Get Member. After getting their friends to sign-up for a U Mobile prepaid plan, their friends can just dial *114# to enter their introducer’s code. Upon successful connection, both the introducer and the friend will receive RM3 credit, and subsequently, the introducer will receive 10% of the reload amount made by their friends for the next six months. Apart from enjoying the additional credit, U Mobile customers and their friends can now enjoy high speed 3G and 4G internet connectivity, as well as free calls and free internet upon topping up.

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

I am user of umobile. So far okay as i only around PJ/KL area

3. Adrian Wong

I recently signed up for their Mobile Internet package. It's ostensibly a 10 GB package, but 5 GB can only be used from 2-8 am... :(

4. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

anybody wants to sign up Umobile , let me know. i can refer you and we both get rewards :D

5. Adrian Wong

Aiyah... I already signed up... :(

6. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

They just enchant their package today!. even better deal!

7. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I heard! Damn... I still have 8 months left to go on my "contract".