Do you have a tablet and which one?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by ET3D, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

There's a phone thread but no tablet thread.

I'm a tablet fan. I knew I'd love them even before I bought my Nexus 7 (2012), and I was right. It's my main gaming device these days (I play mainly adventure games).

I also have an Onda V712 quad core as a backup (just because the Nexus 7 died on me once and had to be sent to be fixed), and an ASUS VivoTab Note 8, which I bought to be able to play Windows games on a tablet, but largely goes unused because I have enough Android versions of Windows games on my Nexus 7.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Believe it or not, I'm still on the original Apple iPad! :haha:

No matter how clunky it is today, it still has quite a decent battery life, and it can still run many iOS games.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I have used Windows 8 tablet and Android tablet. I'm still trying to like Windows tablet, but the lack of software is really killing its ability. So everything has to be web based, which is fine.

I think Android browsers are still not that great. It can get a bit sluggish at times.

4. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

I actually bought the Windows 8 tablet for the software. Desktop software, of course, not apps. Windows still has way more games than Android, and though the Bay Trail Atoms are still not that powerful for games, some of them run pretty well.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you are using it for pc games, that's a different class all together. I'm referring to tablets similar to android or ipad, which means bay trail based. I will still switch to desktop for gaming.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

6. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

My current tablet is a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 with mobile broadband and running Windows 8.1.

7. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

I do mean Bay Trail based. My favourite genre is adventure games, and these are a decent fit (I did pick a tablet with an active pen on purpose, to have hover functionality). I'm sure the tablet will also work for many RPG's. I plan to play Shadowrun Returns on it.