Western Digital My Passport Pro 2 TB Portable (Thunderbolt) Hard Disk Drive Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Today, we are going to take a look at their latest portable hard disk drive for the Mac market - the 2 TB Western Digital My Passport Pro (WDBRMP0020DBK) Thunderbolt portable hard disk drive. It boasts the following features :

• The dual drives in My Passport Pro are housed within an anodized all-aluminum enclosure
    • Shipped in RAID 0 for maximum speed and capacity
    • Protect your livelihood with RAID 1
    • No power adapter required
    • Works with Apple Time Machine
    • Blazing fast boot drive
    • Plug-and-play setup

Now, let's find out how this new portable hard disk drive fares against its competitors!

[​IMG]

Link : Western Digital My Passport Pro 2 TB Portable (Thunderbolt) Hard Disk Drive Review

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Western Digital My Passport Pro 2 TB Portable (Thunderbolt) Hard Disk Drive Review Re

Western Digital has a wide variety of external storage products for both the PC and Mac markets. The external drives are available in both large desktop and smaller portable formats. Under the portable segment alone, Western Digital offers three drive families for the PC, and four drive families for the Mac.

[​IMG]

Today, we are going to take a look at their latest portable hard disk drive for the Mac market - the 2 TB Western Digital My Passport Pro (WDBRMP0020DBK) Thunderbolt portable hard disk drive. It boasts the following features :

• The dual drives in My Passport Pro are housed within an anodized all-aluminum enclosure
    • Shipped in RAID 0 for maximum speed and capacity
    • Protect your livelihood with RAID 1
    • No power adapter required
    • Works with Apple Time Machine
    • Blazing fast boot drive
    • Plug-and-play setup

Now, let's find out how this new portable hard disk drive fares against its competitors!

In this update, we added a new How Loud Is The Fan? section with a video of the My Passport Pro in action. We also corrected and improved various parts of the review.

Link : Western Digital My Passport Pro 2 TB Portable (Thunderbolt) Hard Disk Drive Review Rev. 2.0

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014