Happy Christmas and New Year 2015!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Dec 21, 2014.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wishing everyone a great Happy Christmas and Merry New Year 2015! Hope Santa's giving presents and blessings to everybody in this universe! :whistle: :beer:

Relax and enjoy the holidays! Ah, of course, be safe too, and no drinking while driving! :whistle:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, everyone! :beer: :dance: :beer: :dance:

Check out the Christmas presents I bought for the kids... or the kids at heart! :haha: :haha: :haha:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I need to get some toys for myself! :haha:

Merry Christmas!!!

And I hope that wasn't seditious... :haha:

4. The_YongGrand

That's one cool present you get for your kids! They gonna have a lot of fun! :thumb:

At my young times, Christmas isn't much for me - only popsicles and watching TV shows.

THinking about popsicles... I think I'm going to do an adult version of it - Beersicles! :whistle:

This Christmas, I'll coop myself at home and drink some beer while listening to jazz and Baroque music. Good times are ahead. :whistle:

5. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I don't see a Centurion in there. That can hardly be considered complete.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  6. Adrian Wong

Hahaha! You were not the first to ask me about the Centurion. There were no Centurion on sale, unfortunately. :(

7. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Merry Christmas!

8. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Merry Christmas and happy new year 2015!

9. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Merry Christmas and HNY! and where's the HailFire? 144 darts??? :shock:

10. Adrian Wong

I never saw this MONSTROSITY on sale over here. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

This is the biggest Nerf I've seen on sale so far - the Rhino Fire. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

11. The_YongGrand

Adrian, did you buy these for your kids? It looks pretty dangerous! :faint:

But these "ammunition" are pretty soft and squishy, so I believe it feels just a very short uncomfortable bump when hit.

I used to play toy guns with little plungers - they can be quite painful when it hits the head.

12. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Eh... that 144-dart claim looks dodgy. I checked the specs of the Hail-Fire, and it takes up to 8 clips. That means 18 darts per clip. You won't be able to get 18 darts into the bundled clips so have to buy an entire set of new extended capacity clips just to achieve that.

You want a true high-capacity? Look for the old Vulcan, buy a whole bunch of additional belt feeds (25 darts per feed) and link them together. Optionally mod your Vulcan to 18V (or 24V if you dare) for crazy ROF.

13. Adrian Wong

I bought this for Ryan - the Nerf Strongarm Blaster.

[​IMG]

It's aptly named because it needs a rather strong arm to cock it. He couldn't cock it at all when he tried it. After a week or two though, he built up enough strength to cock it. LOL! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I figured he might do better with a powered gun, so I bought this too :

[​IMG]

The RapidStrike CS-18 was heavy but much easier for him to handle. But it was not as "powerful" as the Retaliator here, which packs a punch. However, you have to cock it manually...

[​IMG]

14. Adrian Wong

You are absolutely right.

The Hail-Fire only comes with four stock clips that only holds 6 darts... :doh:

Even the Hail-Fire upgrade kit consists of the same four clips... :wall:

[​IMG]

That effectively limits it to 48 darts if you want to stick to the design as shown...

[​IMG]

To achieve 144 darts, you will need to use the 18-dart clip that's used in the CS-18 gun above... Imagine the Hail-Fire with EIGHT of those monstrosities! :shock: :haha: :haha:

[​IMG]

15. The_YongGrand

Man, that's not cheap! Your kids must have a ton of fun on these!:thumb:

When I was a kid, we made guns out of pieces of wood and rubber band. Or Lego bricks too. That was the entertainment back then! :)

16. Adrian Wong

Well, I got them when Hasbro had this major promotion. They offered 20-30% discounts and gave away free darts and if you are lucky, an additional gun. :thumb:

The RapidStrike CS-18, for example, was only RM 120, instead of RM 180.

Haha.. To save cost, I created a ghetto shooting range for the kids. Including some "big kids"... :haha: :haha: