Kingston Releases Fourth-Generation High-Speed Media Reader; 64GB 600X CF Card

Discussion in 'News' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hsinchu, Taiwan – March 31, 2015 –Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of its 4th generation HS4 All-In-One Media Reader. The multi-function reader improves upon the previous model as it reads all major card format types including the latest SD card speeds (UHS-I, UHS-II) and CF Type I and II (UDMA 0-7).

Users can easily back up and transfer music, photos, videos and other digital data with USB 3.0 high-speed performance. This allows users to save time transferring files as USB 3.0 allows up to 5Gb/s data transfer speed – almost 10x faster than USB 2.0. The portable, small- form factor reader has a brushed nickel case and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.

[​IMG]

Kingston® also announces a new 64GB capacity addition to its CompactFlash Ultimate 600x family. The 32GB and 64GB CF Ultimate 600x cards offer premium results with speeds up to 90MB/s read and write to support burst mode photography or HD video. The addition of MediaRECOVER® software lets users recover deleted files and restore corrupt files, if needed.

“HS4 All-In-One Media Reader is a great device to quickly move data between multiple devices whether at home or on the road,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “The higher-capacity CF Ultimate 600x lets avid photographers and videographers capture more content and when used with the reader, data transfer is simple and fast.”

HS4 All-In-One Media Reader carries a two-year warranty while the CF Ultimate 600x has a lifetime warranty. Both products are backed by legendary Kingston reliability and free technical support.

HS4 All-In-One Media Reader Features and Specifications

• Ultra-portable: small size makes it an easy and convenient travel accessory
    • Versatile: Supports the major types of memory cards and the latest speeds standards (UHS-I and UHS-II)
    • Fast: USB 3.0 performance for an efficient and effortless data transfer
    • Compliant: with USB 3.0 specifications, backwards compatible with USB 2.0
    • Guaranteed: two-year warranty, free technical support
    • Dimensions: 93.17mm x 52.68mm x 16mm
    • Speed Rating1: Up to 5Gb/s data transfer speed
    • Operating Temperature: 32º to 140ºF / 0º to 60ºC
    • Storage Temperature: -4º to 185ºF / -20º to 85ºC
    • Supported card formats:
    o Compact Flash: CF Type I & II (UDMA 0-7)
    o Secure Digital: SD/SDHC UHS I-II/SDXC UHS I-II
    o microSD: microSD/microSDHC UHS-I/microSDXC UHS-I
    o Memory Stick®3: Memory Stick PRO/Duo™/PRO Duo™/ PRO-HG Duo™
    • Requirements: system with USB 3.0
    • Built-In LED Indicator
    • USB 3.0 Cable Included