BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC Graphics Card Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

NVIDIA has been through a bit of a fix for the past two years. The high-end graphics card market was dominated by ATI, starting with the Radeon 9700 Pro card. which was succeded by the Radeon 9800Pro/XT cards. With ATI continuously cranking up the competition, NVIDIA always seemed lag behind.

But with the NV40 GPU, it looks like they have finally put the past behind them; and are finally on the right path. So today, we will be looking at the BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC, which is BFG Technology's version of the new NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT GPU.

[​IMG]

Link : BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC Graphics Card Review!

2. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Great review! It looks like the BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC may be indeed a value-for-money buy, especially considering the impressive specs but stripped-down bundle! :D However, I'm curious as to what the estimated retail price of this GPU would be. Also, it would be great if Team ARP could do a review on the competition too! ;) Say one from the latest X800 series of ATI Radeons? Of course, I suppose this would depend on you guys getting your hands on one first! :doh: Well, all the best with that, keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's coming up soon! :wicked:

4. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

the BFG are suppose to have good card. It's factory OCed I think, although I think it has problem with some mobo.

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It is factory overclocked. What mobo did you find that was incompatible with it? :think:

6. ALGORYTHM

ALGORYTHM Newbie

hi thanks for the comprehensive review on this 6800 GT card. i'm in the UK and looking to purchase this (-link-) as it is very competitively priced (cheap ;)).

i have one question, how noisy is this card? currently i have an almost silent system (antec sonata case and various silent fans) and i would like to know if this will increase the noise level.

many thanks.

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Now I'm not an expert on Silent Pcs... :lol: But I can say this, it is quiet.. :thumb: I honestly doubt it would increase the sound level. If it does, you can maybe try this baby on. --->http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=146&var2=0

8. ALGORYTHM

ALGORYTHM Newbie

thanks ;) if it is noisy i'll consider the artic cooler :)

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

No problem. Dont forget to try out our contests... ;) :arp: