Patriot 1GB 3200+ XBL Dual Channel Memory Kit Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You may not have heard of PDP Systems but they may just have the best-performing Samsung TCCD-based memory modules!

Join Chai as he takes a look at the Patriot 1GB 3200+ XBL Dual Channel Memory Kit and show you why this memory kit is really a diamond in the rough.

[​IMG]

Link : Patriot 1GB 3200+ XBL Dual Channel Memory Kit Review!

2. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

jave? :haha:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks! Fixed! :thumb:

4. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

very nice, you don't see pdp's memory being reviewed that much, but you see them in the store selling much cheaper price than other brands. It's good to see more of these budget memory being reviewed.

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I was relating to the price of the Patriot compared to Corsair's prices... :mrgreen:

8. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

so what's the tccd all about? I have seen people posting stuff like this but I have no idea what's so special about these?

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

TCCDs are DDR500 ram chips that can do low latency at DDR400 2-2-2-5... So thats all. About overclockability its a bit of a mixed results...

I reviewed what is perhaps one of the first TCCDs. http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=109&var2=0

But this is off topic. Lets reserve this thread for questions on the patriot ram.

10. Chai

Actually, the poor result was due to the testbed, which is why we have switched to AMD testbed recently. The Corsair wasn't so bad. :D

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

what I was trying to say is that..maybe Patriot can lower down their price ..make it a good deal or something..to atrract buyer..

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, companies like Mushkin and Corsair are already trying to gain more market share by driving prices down... as well as arranging for various promos.

13. werty316

werty316 Newbie

One quick question What core of the 3200+ was used? By the date of the review I think it was probably the WIndchester core or am I wrong?

14. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

I would assume it's venice. Venice usally give a better performance/oveclockability.

heheh, I just notice that it's using Creative TNT2 32MB, I can't believe that system is pairing with such gfx card:).

15. Chai

It's a Winchester.

Yes, it was tested with Creative TNT2 since I don't need additional heat and noise just to run Memtest. ;)

16. zachig

zachig Newbie

:mrgreen: These are my favorite TCCD modules. They are pretty cheap compared to Corsair and Mushkin ands perform pretty good as well.

I'm thinking of buying these modules but I think I'll wait a little, as I have a feeling I'm going to win the 1GB Mushkin modules in the current contest. :mrgreen:

17. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. Good luck then! :beer:

18. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I thought it was a windchester but wanted to be sure.

19. Chai

No denying, the system is probably the bottleneck of the maximum overclock, as proven by all other RAMs tested before.

20. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

hey, bringing up this old thread..
    i've recently got this pair of ram (but V2.0),
    been testing it for weeks for over a hundred diff speed n timings combinations, den i came across ur review...

i got a question:

why is 2.65V more stable than 2.85V???

coz i always put 2.80V for almost all of my test..