Razer Diamondback Professional Gaming Mouse Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Tired of getting fragged left and right? If you are questioning your fragging skills, maybe it's time to take a look at your mouse.

Today, we will take a look at the Razer Diamondback professional gaming mouse with its incredible 1600 DPI resolution and 16-bits data resolution! This could be the mouse that will make you the Fragmeister!

[​IMG]

Link : Razer Diamondback Professional Gaming Mouse Pictorial Review!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

We have just posted a comprehensive review of the Razer Diamondback Professional Gaming Mouse! :wave:

Tired of getting fragged left and right? If you are questioning your fragging skills, maybe it's time to take a look at your mouse.

Today, we will take a look at the Razer Diamondback professional gaming mouse with its incredible 1600 DPI resolution and 16-bits data resolution! This could be the mouse that will make you the Fragmeister!

[​IMG]

Link : Razer Diamondback Professional Gaming Mouse Review!

3. Terryb47

Terryb47 Newbie

I got one of those Diamondbacks about 6 months ago and I totally love it. It's really fast and accurate, in fact I had to decrease the pointer speed in windows for daily usage.

but the most important mouse is that it's a normal sized and doesn't feel like a brick. :thumb:

4. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

wHoaaaa yummyyyy piece of work! and it's cheaper than logitech's mx-518 i think!! wOoooo definitely will look for it now. :thumb:

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Agreed! In fact, it was way too sensitive for me. I had to tune it down way low.

I only increased it a bit once I got used to it. :mrgreen:

6. NoFormz

NoFormz Newbie

Btw, where can we get Razer in Malaysia? I mean I couldn't see any retail store that sells it.

7. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

yup, the mouse is available here in Kuching, and no doubt in KL as well. :thumb:

8. Adrian Wong

It's been sometime since I've been to Low Yat. So, I have no idea which shop is selling it. But it should be available in Low Yat Plaza in KL.

9. twotwopig

twotwopig Newbie

can anyone please tell me how much does this cost?

10. Adrian Wong

Hello twotwopig,

Take a look at the first page of the review (http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=195&pgno=0).

Scroll down to the second table. You will see the MSRP as well as the lowest price in PriceGrabber. Currently, that's $43.93.

Hope that helps you some! ;)

11. twotwopig

twotwopig Newbie

Hey Adrian,
    Sorry if i sound too ambigious.
    may someone tell me the price that could be found in malaysia cos im from here :p and i cant seem to find it in lowyat...any other place?

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I thought I saw it selling at Compuzone?

13. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I have no idea what the local price is. But since the regional distributor is in Singapore, it's very likely you should be able to find it in Malaysia, especially in Low Yat Plaza. :think:

14. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

1 person likes this.
  15. Adrian Wong

16. KingB.

KingB. Newbie

Diamondback 'Snafu'

Hi guys sorry if I am bumping an old thread here(:oops: )but I am in a bit of a Snafu with my lovely and oh so durable Diamondback..

{EDIT: WOW I just check, and am thoroughly embarrassed at my reply,given the Snafu I am willing to risk it}

After 4 1/4 years of hard and relentless use(abuse also :D), my Diamondback still looks and performs the same way she did out of the blister pack, but a short while ago my scroll wheel began skipping about 7 of the total 24 clicks on the wheel, and have been in the dumps since.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?
    :pray:
    Being an Electr. Tech. I am willing to replace the part myself, if only that coveted part no. were known.

Razer doesn't seem willing to disclose that information, and I can't really blame them, perhaps I should just RMA it and pay the damage, eh?

It's worth IMO, it still looks like brand new after 41 /4 years.
    Not many mice can boast that claim!

Thanks for your time, and happy mousing.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  17. Adrian Wong

Hi! Heh.. That's no surprise. The Diamondback has been in the market for years! :mrgreen:

Hmm.. Either the wheel sensor is damaged, or just clogged with dirt. You might want to take it apart and check for clogged dirt, or try blowing compressed air around it. :think: