Mushkin 2GB HP3200 Dual Channel Memory Kit Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The new Mushkin High Performance series offers high capacity, high performance and affordable prices. If you are looking for new memory modules with the best price-performance ratio, the Mushkin HP series is definitely something to consider.

Today, Chai puts the Mushkin 2GB HP3200 dual-channel memory kit under close scrutiny to see what this new large-capacity memory kit is capable of doing. Let's see how these Infineon-based modules perform in our tests!

[​IMG]

Link : Mushkin 2GB HP3200 Dual Channel Memory Kit Review!

2. slyf0z_87

slyf0z_87 Newbie

does look like a very bad overclocker. Me thinks me might get 2GB Kingston's instead.
    Cheaper and also cannot overclock.

3. Ject

Ject Newbie

$286... wow... thats a chunk of change. If I wanted 2gb I'd get something cheaper

4. Aion-X

Aion-X Newbie

yes, of course can't overclock.

5. zachig

zachig Newbie

Seems like a nice pair of modules, but still, doesn't overclock well. As i am a heavy overclockers, i think i would go for G.Skill or other TCCD or TCC5 based chips, even 4x512MB instead of those 2x1GB Mushkin sticks.

(Although i'm a respective owner of 2x256MB PC4000 Mushkin modules, i just won here at ARP forums ;) )

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Is it really that bad? I think 220+Mhz for a high density modules like this is pretty good. I used to remember people not wanting higher than 256MB modules due to poor overclocking.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Definitely not for serious overclockers. It's actually designed for high capacity at pretty low latencies of 2-3-2.

8. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

From what I have seen the 1 gig usually does not have high latency at all. Many 1gig are cas 3. Though, it's still good memory I think. The timing is actually much better than many 1gig ram.

9. strange brew

strange brew Newbie

a couple of questions,

what command rate were you able to run at, 1T or 2T?
    and was the 3200 A64 a Venice?

thanks

10. werty316

werty316 Newbie

2gigs ah!!!!! thats huge. You get 2gigs and it breaks the bank all in one shot.

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Always at 1T.

I don't think the core type is relevant here, as I'm only pushing the memory to the limit, not the CPU. It's a Winchester if you are still interested.

I will make sure the processor always stay around the stock speed so the processor doesn't become the bottleneck.