Steel Sound 5H-USB Professional Gaming Headset Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The new Steel Sound 5H-USB professional gaming headset looks just like any other gaming headset. But looks are deceptive for this headset boasts of unique features like a specially-tweaked USB sound card, a retractable microphone as well as the ability to be dismantled for easy transportation! Check it out now!

[​IMG]

Link : Steel Sound 5H-USB Professional Gaming Headset Pictorial Review!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  2. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Excellent Review! :thumb: I still don't understand why a gaming headset can be called "professional". :think:

I found the this headset for $109.00 USD+S&H at my favorite online retailer.

I am curious haw they behave for listening to regular music operation. :think:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I have no idea too. I guess it's because they were designed by professional gamers for use by professional gamers? There seem to be quite a few of them, at least in Denmark.

I will be testing the headset and then updating the review to a Comprehensive Review soon. :thumb:

4. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

Seems basically nice...
    - The earpads, mentioned to draw dust and sweat. Are they removable? If they are it should be easy to wash them and turn this feature into an advantage.
    - The tp padding. Covered by thin PVC is, as mentioned, not very good. The user could add an extra layer of protection, but with this pricing you should expect better quality.

/Olle

5. Adrian Wong

1. Nope. That's the problem - you can't remove them to wash. :doh:

2. Yeah, I expected better from them. The thin PVC used won't last long... :shifty:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Steel Sound 5H-USB Professional Gaming Headset Review Rev. 2.0 Posted!

The review status has been upgraded to comprehensive review. :wave:

The new Steel Sound 5H-USB professional gaming headset looks just like any other gaming headset. But looks are deceptive for this headset boasts of unique features like a specially-tweaked USB sound card, a retractable microphone as well as the ability to be dismantled for easy transportation! Check it out now!

Here are the updates:-
    • Added test results.
    • Updated conclusion.
    • Status upgraded to Comprehensive Review.

[​IMG]

Link : Steel Sound 5H-USB Professional Gaming Headset Review!

7. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

i'm looking for a wireless bluetooth stereo headset...
    i hate wires...i want something small and not too eye-catching..
    something for casual mp3 listening...

not available yet in Malaysia... :cry:

8. Adrian Wong

That will be something. :mrgreen:

There are already RF or IR wireless headsets but I think battery life and the weight (due to the battery) are factors that still need improvement.

9. badams214

badams214 Newbie

USB Version

Great reveiw by the way! You didn't mention the difference in sound between the USB Version or just the Headset alone. Is the USB version of the 5H recommended if you have an intergrated 6.1 sound card? Thanks

10. zachig

zachig Newbie

I personally don't like surround head-phones, I still prefer the "old-fashioned" headphones. Anyway, the review is interesting and it seems that this headphones are pretty good for gaming.

As I play games, most of the time, with 5.1 speakers, I find myself using headphones only for music. And for music, these are not the ones. Sorry. I'm currently using BeyerDynamic DTX700 which are absolutely amazing and cost about 3rd the price of the Stell Sound 5H-USB.

11. Adrian Wong

We are having problems installing the driver in our testbed. Could be a driver issue or a conflict with the components in our system.

We will update the review as soon as we settle this issue.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

12. Adrian Wong

I think the most ideal audio solution would be to have a 5.1 sound system. Using a pair of headphones isn't as comfortable or as accurate as directional info is concerned, as a 5.1 speaker system. But if space is a problem, headphones are the only way to go. :(

13. Tasoli

Tasoli Newbie

USB Not Working

Is the USB version not working for anyone else? I purchased the USB version expecting it to be better and all I found is that the USB version is NOT compatible with my system (Windows XP Pro SP2). Funny... 30 dollars more and I'm still using the regular version...

14. Adrian Wong

It's not working for me. I'm still trying to get the driver to install. :wall: