Cooler Master Aerogate II Thermal Controller Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Popular amongst many case modders, the Cooler Master Aerogate II not only looks nice but is also useful in monitoring case temperatures and controlling fan speeds.

Today, Papercut takes a look at an improved version of the Cooler Master Aerogate II, which corrects issues discovered in the original Aerogate II. Come and see what's new!

[​IMG]

Link : Cooler Master Aerogate II Thermal Controller Review!

2. jujuzombie

jujuzombie Newbie

Any idea on how to tell which would be the new one. like any distinguishing mark on the box? or better yet anyway to upgrade the previous ones to have the functions of the new model? i'm guessing its like a firmware upgrade or something.

I have the older model, and the one thing that i did notice is the only when the aerogate is already running you disconnect the fan will the alarm sound, aside from the usual if it drops below xxx rpm..

if u boot up the aerogate without the one of the fans connected like the vga,which i muck around with, it doesn't put up a fuss.
    though i haven't tried with teh thermal probe.

1 person likes this.
  3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I'm afraid not, on both counts. There's nothing on the box that announces the fact that it's revised...however, I would think that if you buy from a retailer whose stocks move fairly quickly, there's a great chance you would be getting one of these new ones. :mrgreen:
    And about the firmware...I doubt it, since there's no data connection between the Aerogate and the motherboard.

Ah I see :think:
    As far as disconnecting the fan while it is on, it's still the same. But that's a useful feature to have, I think.

4. jujuzombie

jujuzombie Newbie

Heh yeah it is a usefull thing to have yes.
    it did say in the review about not having the fan or probe attached the alarm would sound. well i guess it means when its already running and the fan/probe is pulled out or no longer gets any signal.

i still prefer this model as the information is displayed in a few lines of text, the aerogate3 has the scrolling text which i find rather troublesome to have to read when u want all the info at once.

=D cheers