OCZ PC4800 Platinum Elite Edition DDR Memory Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

If you are impressed with OCZ Technology's Platinum series of high speed DDR memory, then you will want to check out the latest addition to the family - the OCZ PC4800 Platinum Elite Edition memory.

A dual-spec memory module, it is rated for both high speed operation as well as ultra-low latency operation. Let's see how well it performs!

[​IMG]

Link : OCZ PC4800 Platinum Elite Edition DDR Memory Review!

2. Waduk

Waduk Newbie

bios set up

I have venice 3000, DFI lanparty ultra d bios 704 -2bta and this memory, can you give me the stable set up in bios?

Thanks

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

If you don't intend to overclock, just set the BIOS to use the SPD settings. That will ensure that your BIOS is using the official, approved timings for the modules.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

If you want a stable system, use the official BIOS from the website.

5. Waduk

Waduk Newbie

Both official 623 and beta 704 even not being overclocked is unstable.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

This is more like a BIOS setting issue rather than the memory. I think you should start a new thread on this.

7. zachig

zachig Newbie

WOW!!! I didn't know that these modules actually use TCCDs, this is absolutely awesome!!! I also liked very much the new Heatspreaders design with the new clips :mrgreen:

I wish I'll be able to afford those sticks when I'll upgrade my system. Altough I can still manage pretty good with my current OCZ Gold BH-5 PC3200 (2-2-2-5). But still, those we're talking 'bout are TCCDs!!! :clap: