Toshiba 512MB TransMemory Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Unbeknownst to many, Toshiba actually makes flash memory drives! Renown worldwide for their high quality laptops and appliances, will their TransMemory drives reflect the same high standards? Read on and find out!

[​IMG]

Link : Toshiba 512MB TransMemory Review!

2. bslee

bslee Newbie

I think its grossly unfair to benchmark against OCZ and Corsair. Should have it up against the other common ones offered by Kingston, Pendrive, or Imation.

I always had the impression this Toshiba drive is somewhat similar performance to other run of the mill models from Kingston, Pendrive and etc.

3. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

Without a price tag it's difficult to do a fair comparison.
    Does it work as advertised? Yes!
    Then it's okay...

Cheers
    Olle

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

To be frank, its performance was poorer than even the hard drive-based Seagate Pocket Hard Drive. That's very bad performance for a flash-based memory drive, no matter how you look at it.

In any case, it would be unfair to judge ANY drive merely on its performance. Which is why my review remarked a lot on its built quality and its set of accessories. It's really up to you to decide if this Toshiba flash memory drive is the drive for you.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Practically all products will work as advertised. So, should we praise them all? :mrgreen:

Toshiba left the pricing of the TransMemory drives up to the retailers. So, prices will vary quite a bit. There's no MRSP.