ACEplus Melody Bluetooth Audio Player Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The new ACEplus Melody is no ordinary audio player. It actually supports Bluetooth so that you can instantly take incoming calls from your mobile phone without taking off the earphones or even pulling out your mobile phone. Just how great is that? Read on and find out!

[​IMG]

Link : ACEplus Melody Bluetooth Audio Player Review!

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

At first glance I thought it was like a tissue box cover.... :shifty:

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Sad isn't it.... interesting features, poor execution...

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

5. ozawesum

ozawesum Newbie

My wife and I had just bought our black and red ACEplus Melody from the Comex show and am absolutely loving this new gadget! We brought it on the spot so when we came home we did a search on the internet and was shocked at the review you have written.

During our purchase the salesman reminded us that we cannot compare Melody to a dedicated music player like iPod because it's not designed to be a full blown digital music
    player. My wife never used any wireless headset before and was fascinated with the Melody as it allows her to pick up calls wirelessly, and while waiting for the phone to ring, she can kill time by listening to her favourite tracks.

And contrary to what the review says, my unit does come with a SD memory card. My first thought after the Bluetooth was, hey, for a absent-minded person, I do not need to carry or remember to carry my thumbdrive anymore.

The audio quality isn't that bad as described. Maybe I am not that picky. We tested at the show for quite a while before parting with our money. We didn't get to see the Leopard color version. The markings of the control buttons are clear and easy to make out on our black and red units. We like the EQ markings to tell the loop from Normal to Pop, Jazz, etc.

I don't think it's fair to benchmark the Melody to any MP3 player because you simply can't compare an apple to an orange. Also, I checked at the show, many MP3 players don't come with AC adaptor/charger anymore. They are optional since they say that we can simply recharge by hooking up to the computer via USB. As the salesman said, I got less to carry when traveling, not bulky and I don't have to worry about the voltage difference or adapter type or number of pins in different countries. Anyway, we happened to go into another booth and bought a cheap S$5 power adapter with USB connector.

Overall, the ACEplus Melody scores high on features that met our needs. I hated the feeling and look of the usual Bluetooth sticking out of my ear, now with Melody, it is more comfortable. I had misplaced a few of my mono Bluetooth headsets and even sat on 2 of them damaging them. All of them were more expensive than the Melody and no music or storage functions. Now, it won't happen with Melody hanging on me and my colleague and I can exchange files easily via the detachable memory card. My wife likes the idea that she
    can use her old memory cards and load her other favourite tracks.

I checked my Melody carefully and unlike the review, mine came with a nice colour manual and also a quick startup guide.

Yes, I agreed with the review that Bluetooth is so simple to link with my mobile phone. Yes, the packaging needs to be cool.

I don't mind their new version with a display which they told me is coming out soon. Meanwhile, my wife and I will enjoy the Melody as much as possible.

6. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it?

Anyway, welcome to ARP and thanks for your feedback :wave:

7. ozawesum

ozawesum Newbie

Comex have special price at SG98.00 for the Melody.

thanks for the welcome :wave:

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello ozawesum,

We are glad you are happy with your Melody. :thumb:

Perhaps ACEplus improved their retail package, as ours did not come with any memory card and the manual was black and white.

However, the audio quality was abysmal on our unit. Yes, the Melody isn't a dedicated audio player, but playing audio is one of his five functions. Hence, it should have at least a certain standard of audio quality.

Unfortunately, it did not meet what we feel is a minimum standard for audio quality. We suspect the earphones are at fault. Unfortunately, we cannot switch the earphones so if you want to use the Melody, you will have to get used to the audio quality.