Empire23's Xmas 2006 Wish List

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Loved Ken's Christmas 2006 Wish List? How about a zany parody of his wish list by Empire23?

Find out what Empire23 really wants for Christmas, and why he's so mad at Ken for coming up with his Christmas 2006 Wish List.

[​IMG]

Link : Empire23's Xmas 2006 Wish List

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Whahahqhahahahahhaha. :D :thumb:

3. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

hahahaha, i can't believe you guys posted this:)

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

hahahaha!!!!! no.1 LOLOLOL!!!!! :haha:

5. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

Sorry to nitpick on the second article in a row, but I cannot help but ask, (yes, I know, photo sources were quoted), but why are pictures taken from elsewhere on the web, watermarked with TechARP's emblem? It's most certainly not TechARP's pictures.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LMAO!!! This is really funny!!! :haha: I started laughing like hell from 4...

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

This is so funny, hah hah hah! The number 2 is just funny too! A poster of a cat sitting on the electronic keyboard! :haha:

8. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Maybe then if they are hotlinked, people will still know where the pics came from :think:

9. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

The question here is not about hotlinking or anything. In fact if you hotlink it, the owner(s) would probably be hopping mad. Proper acknowledgement should be given, and the images should not be altered in any way, and altering includes watermarking. After all, watermarking is used as a means to identify the creator, and ARP isn't the creator. It should have been left as is, and the source properly credited.

10. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

Pics, most of the from the shithole of the internet, 4chan's /b/, and everyone there is anonymous. Nobody claims for credit for anything there, sharing is not caring, and anonymous nevar forgives. Steal what you need and take what you want :lol:

Except for the first pic which i stole from google, everything else is public domain, the wikipedia one is under GNU/GPL. And of course Gaijin4koma and the rest of the pics are only limited to your imagination! (I sure as hell do not know where that pic with the cat on it came from, but i'm sure it absolutely makes 0 sense)

Here, have some macroed crap courtesy of collective anon (we're superior to the borg......really!)

Attached Files:

11. fyire

fyire Newbie

The question posted isnt to do with permission to use the images at all, rather its to do with putting the ARP watermark on them.

Watermarking an image is similar to claiming ownership to the image, which does not sound right even if its in the public domain. Its like somebody claiming ownership to the works of Beethoven (public domain now).

12. empire23

But i did most of the pictures leh........:lol: Except the one i stoel from googles. It's more like the originals were public domain, just edited to suit my needs with MSPAINT and Photochop patterning tools. And nobody has claimed the ownership of those images, it's you definition of the claim. My definition of claim is slapping on "Property of XXX" without credits given.

It's just the internet, nothing to get alarmed over, unless you find a box full of AIDS, in that case you can keep it.

So don't worry too much, the creator of those images isn't pretty much bothered. For the wikipedia image and the first one, aiseh, you watermark one, you watermark all lah, nothing to be anally retentive about, if it suits you, i'll draw one with MSPAINT. Like papercut said, it's just a back link so if anyone stumbles on the pic via google or whatnot, it can act as a back track.

Here, the creator endows you with more gaijins at E3.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  13. fyire

fyire Newbie

Well, just putting in my comment so you would know, its up to you on how you would like to respond to it.

Incidentally, interesting comment you made there, "It's just the Internet". Don't you now that you boss' livelihood depends on the 'Internet'?

14. empire23

Let's not get into a legal definition of what constitutes a claim or not, because the legal definition is very much a different one. And if you feel so much for me being robbed of my creative rights, i'll legally petition them to put "Empire23" on those pics i edited. Parodies are legal sub deriatives of any work and are protected by law the last time i checked.

The internet is alot of things, but you can certainly put one thing on it and say people are alot more brash when behind a computer screen. Like i said, it's just the internet, nothing to get alarmed over, i make my money of networking and the internet too, to me it's my livelihood. But the answer is, i can't care less. Another point being, people assume too much and everyone does it all the time, i've seen people edit macroes i made over at 4chan and i do the same to others, we don't really care.

End point being, when i say "it's just the Internet", i'm saying that most netizens are just more open about these things, we don't take things too seriously, we laugh it off and roll around, geez, heck, i don't surf the net so i can worry about my problems in real life do i? So i hope you understand my definition of "it's just the net". It might be faux pas to you, but it certainly isn't to me.

It's bloody Christmas, let's just get merry and shit. Wait, i don't celebrate Christmas........*Cries*

15. fyire

fyire Newbie

Well, like I said, just putting in my comment so you would know, its up to you on how you would like to respond to it.

16. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

i think the words in question here is "respect" and "ethics".

I'm off to celebrate Christmas, cheers, guys!

17. empire23

Understandable, but i'm sure for the sake of convenience, and since all but 2 of the pics are made by yours truly (plus i did not label which were mine or not, i did write in the article though), the pre-editor just decided to batch them together.

I don't see any problem with that personally therefor i support the actions of the editing team. They kind of posted this on short notice and during the holiday season, so cut them some slack.

No no, i'm not attacking anyone, it's just my nature, i like conflict (don't be surprised if you see me in Somalia lol) and the way i purvey my point of view. Cheers and merry Christmas. My aunt brought down food from penang, yum.

18. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I dun see a problem with that, this article suppose to be fun and brings joy. I hate to see something nice for the holiday ruined by this argument, it's just a damn editorial pictures, no harm done.

Happy holidays, cheers :beer: :beer: :beer:

19. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Second that :roll:

20. fyire

fyire Newbie

Dude, the whole point was just to point out something that might be of concern. There's no need to go into such a defensive mode till the point that its called an argument right?