VIZO Armada RAM Cooler Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

For all the obsession with RAM heatspreaders, they are passive coolers that can only do so much. To truly cool the memory chips, you need an active cooler.

Today, we will be taking a look at one such cooler - the VIZO Armada. Armed with three 40mm fans, will this cooler significantly cool your memory modules? Let's find out.

[​IMG]

Link : VIZO Armada RAM Cooler Review

1 person likes this.
  2. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

another outburst of ram cooler since the Abit came out with RamFlow

clipping directly onto the module is a weird design,
    nevertheless, it helps to eliminate lots of compatibility problem

+rep 4 u

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yup. No need to worry about compatibility. You can literally attach to any memory module, even though with heatspreaders.. although it's a really tight fit.

4. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

5. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Yeah, the Thermalright cooler looks interesting alright. Although I wonder about compatibility with memory modules with heatspreaders attached. :think:

6. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

^ heatspreaders have to taken out before you can use them i guess, although due to the adjustable clip i guess using it with the heatspreaders is totally possible. But using the hairdryer trick and then removing the heatspreaders would be better :p, use hairdryer to remove sticker and keep it somewhere same, remove HS, ?????, Profit.

7. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

mmm...nice to see some RAM cooling reviews but I wonder how'd mine fare against it? Bought a new toy the other day but haven't got some real "heaters" to test it with.

empire23 seen it and he's already shaking his head at the size of it

8. Adrian Wong

Do you wanna compare this against your "toy"??? :wicked:

9. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

If 2x60mm NMB's which are variable speed controlled, and covers all 4 RAM slots is considered even fair competition boss.And anyway this lil toy I have is categorised as "testing equipment"

10. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. It's not but it would be interesting to see how well they perform against each other. Like David vs. Goliath??? :wicked: