ED#46 : ATI Caught With Their Pants Down

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, May 15, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

NVIDIA is set to release the Lost Planet DirectX 10 benchmark tomorrow, and this has caught ATI with their pants down. Unprepared, ATI can only release a press statement.

We examine the situation and how the new Lost Planet benchmark will figure in the decision-making process of anyone looking to buy a new DirectX 10 graphics card. You will see why ATI is so worried about this new benchmark.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#46 : ATI Caught With Their Pants Down

2. devolutionist

devolutionist Newbie

There's a very critical disconnect in the gaming world right now. People are spending money on gaming PCs that cost 3x that of a console, with the graphics cards alone costing more than any console in production.

And yet - no new titles are being developed for the PC. They're all ports of games that were developed on other lesser platforms. There is no new content being developed for the PC, then being ported to consoles. We all know by now that it's pretty much impossible to port a game to PC and have it be worth a crap.

So my question is this - if nVidia and ATI want to continue pushing the envelope in the PC market, shouldn't they subsidize and promote PC games? Is their component business in the console market so lucrative that they don't care?

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Although off topic, I completely agree with this. There's just not many games for PC! Everyone is moving to console these days. Although I used to be a console person, There are games that just work better on PC than a console.