AMD Phenom Processor (Agena & Kuma) Pre-Launch Update

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

As the Quad Core Opteron launch date approaches, AMD is eager to wow the world with promises of the phenomenal processing capabilities of their processors. This includes the desktop version of the Barcelona processor.

Dubbed the Phenom, short for phenomenal, these desktop processors will be the ones destined to fight against the dominance of the Intel Core 2 processors in the desktop market. Here's the latest low-down on the upcoming Phenom FX, Phenom X4 and Phenom X2 processors from AMD.

Here's a quote from the article :-
    [​IMG]

Link : AMD Phenom Processor (Barcelona) Pre-Launch Update

2. teddy

teddy Newbie

Are you sure AMD isn't feeding you something funny again? August 27 was to be a launch date but it seems that it has been pushed out a bit.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

They didn't give a definite date in August, but I was informed that it will certainly be launched in August.

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

AMD Phenom Processor (Agena & Kuma) Pre-Launch Update Rev. 2.0

As the Quad Core Opteron launch date approaches, AMD is eager to wow the world with promises of the phenomenal processing capabilities of their processors. This includes the desktop version of the Barcelona processor.

Dubbed the Phenom, short for phenomenal, these desktop processors will be the ones destined to fight against the dominance of the Intel Core 2 processors in the desktop market. Here's the latest low-down on the upcoming Phenom FX, Phenom X4 and Phenom X2 processors from AMD.

Here's a quote from the article :-
    [​IMG]

Link : AMD Phenom Processor (Agena & Kuma) Pre-Launch Update Rev. 2.0

5. evilizlan

evilizlan Newbie

do we really need the htt 3?

do we really need it? ive optd 4 an amd platform now, for a new system... but do i need 2 wait 4 d am2+ mobo or just opt 4 crosshair? as wut i found on neoseeker, it said that "One other interesting tidbit I've extracted from these tests is that the HT link speed really isn't of great importance, unless you are really pushing lots of data down that path. An example of such heavy use could be two NVIDIA cards in SLI, Gigabit Ethernet, and/or RAID 0 array, all in use more or less at the same time." wut r ur opinions?

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It is important mainly for multi-processor systems where you have two, four or eight CPUs talking to each other. HyperTransport allows fast communications between the CPUs, something the very slow FSB in Intel processors cannot do.

7. evilizlan

evilizlan Newbie

seems like gonna wait til nvidia mcp72 chipset mobo debut 2 build another system...

8. aussie FX

aussie FX Newbie

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

nope. still ..too many power point slides and too much talk.

no substance at all. they look very pitiful, at least that's what they've made themselves to look like.