Taskbar Shuffle Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mac OS X has it but until today, Microsoft has deigned to include it into Windows Vista. Never mind that. We can always count on the Taskbar Shuffle.

It's a free utility that allows you to easily shuffle taskbar and system tray icons just by dragging and dropping them. Is that all? Well, that makes a big difference, if you ask me.

Join Dashken as he takes a look at this simple but really useful utility. This is one free utility you won't want to miss out on!

Here's a quote from the review :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Taskbar Shuffle Review

2. Anach

Anach Newbie

Well you can already drag and drop to re-arrange taskbar icons (Quicklaunch and other toolbars) You dont even need to unlock the taskbar to do so.

So essentially this program adds a feature which allows you to re-arrange the order of your tray icons.

I now vote this the most useless piece of software in history.

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

But can you drag your taskbar icons around as in open applications and open folders? Open one folder and one IE instance. Try to drag the IE to the front of the folder in the taskbar order. Can you do that? Nope. Not even with Windows Vista. But with Taskbar Shuffle, you can do it.

Example, I have my taskbar as below. With the taskbar icons (open applications and folders) as in the following order:

Firefox, 'Posting Articles' folder, Windows Media Player, Yahoo

Now, I want to have the Windows Media Player and Yahoo in front of Firefox because it's now time for me to chat and watch movie that I've downloaded. And I like everything on the left, I find it easier to access my most accessed programs that way. Can I do that? With Taskbar Shuffle you can.

1) Initial order : Firefox, 'Posting Articles' folder, Windows Media Player, Yahoo

[​IMG]

2) Dragging Windows Media Player taskbar icon to the front of Firefox

[​IMG]

3) Dragging Yahoo taskbar icon in between Windows Media Player and Firefox

[​IMG]

4) End order : Windows Media Player, Yahoo, Firefox, 'Posting Article' folder

[​IMG]

There you go, the order of the taskbar as I want it. :dance:

Apparently, this utility is not for everyone. I've said in my review that I introduced to many of my colleagues but they don't find the use in it. But for those who like everything to be in order and available for quick access, this utility helps. Everyone knows, you can drag 'n drop icons in the quick launch toolbar or any toolbar you want to put on your taskbar.

But that's icons in a toolbar on the taskbar, not icons on the taskbar per se. :haha:

The mostless useless software in history? Well, all I can say is a man's food may be another man's poison. But I found many men like this as food. ;)

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Very useful, IMHO, especially for those who have tons of taskbar buttons. Even more useful if those buttons extend to a second or third page (which you have to access by the up and down buttons). :haha:

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I think you got it mistaken. It's not to rearrage the quicklinks. It's to rearrange the apps as Dashken shown in his reply :)

It's darn useful and works like a charm on my WinXP notebook. Although it's not working on my Vista 64 machine though

6. Adrian Wong

Eh, the latest version supports Vista, right?

7. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

32 bit yes. Not 64 bit.

8. Adrian Wong

Oooh okay.

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, from his official website, the 64-bit Vista seems to be his priority for the next release. :thumb: So, Peaz... hang in there... :D