The Hunt For The BOG Book Contest!

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Dashken, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

In conjunction with the release of my book, Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier : The Definitive BIOS Optimization Guide for PCs, we are happy to announce 8 contests with almost USD 5,000 worth of prizes!

[​IMG]

To participate, all you need to do is look out for the book in bookstores near you! For more details on the book, please click here!

Check out the tables below for the list of prizes and what you need to do to get them!

Our Sponsors!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Many thanks to our sponsors for their generous contributions to the community!
    The full cost of postage and packaging as well as other prizes will be borne by all of us at Team ARP.
    This is our way of saying thanks for being part of the ARP community!​

The Prizes!

400GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 SATA Hard Disk
    Units : 5

1GB Mushkin PC3200 Level 1 Dual Pack Memory Modules
    Unit : 1

256MB Mushkin MP3 Player

Mushkin T-Shirt

Steelpad S&S Professional Gaming Pad

Steelpad 4D Professional Gaming Pad

Jetart Xcool NP4000 Portable Notebook Cooler
    Units : 2

Jetart SF2100 3D Slot Fan

Cooler Master PNC-U51 CoolPad notebook cooler
    Units : 2

Intel Notebook Back Pack
    Units : 25

Intel Sports Tumbler
    Units : 20

Intel Executive Organizer
    Units : 10

Intel Stainless Steel Mug

NVIDIA Leather Name Card Holder

City of Heroes game

X2 : The Threat game

ARP Gift Pack
    Units : 35

[​IMG]
    The ARP Gift Pack!​

Contest Categories!
    • TOTAL PRIZES : 56

The Rules!
    • This contest is open to everyone from around the world. Only members of Team ARP are not allowed to participate.
    • Participants are allowed to post as many entries in as many contests as they like.
    • Participants are restricted to only one prize per contest. If a participant wins more than one prize in a single contest, then s/he is given the choice of which prize s/he prefers.
    • All pictures must be posted in the proper forum thread for the relevant contest. If you wish to submit the same picture for two contests, you must post it in both forum threads.
    • Please check the individual contest pages for the relevant contest rules.
    • The judges' decisions are final.

I Want To Participate!

All you need to do is go to the contest you want to participate in and click on the Contest Link!

You will need to be a registered member of the ARP Forums so if you have not registered earlier, you will need to register before you can post. Don't worry - registration is FREE and the process is very simple! :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

** ATTENTION : CHANGES IN RULES **​

Proxies are allowed so be as creative as possible!

Meaning... instead of insisting everyone must post their faces, we are now changing the rules to be fair to those who wish to retain their privacy.

Therefore, you are now free to use proxies (your girlfriends, boyfriends, pets, toys, etc.) for Contest #1 and #2.

Keep the entries coming! :thumb:

4. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

ppl still take part in luck contest thou they won & knew e rule?

5. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

You dont have to worry....judging will be done fairly, so dont feel threatened

No one is taking anything away from you

6. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

We know. Joining in the fun also can whet :haha: ...that's what contest is all about. Fun to see so many postings. :thumb: Don't feel threatened...just keep on posting! :mrgreen:

7. Justarius

Justarius Newbie

Winners?

Just wondering when and where the winners will be announced? No pressure! Just curious. :wave:

I looked around but couldn't find anything and thought maybe I'm missing something.

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. The team is having a hard time deciding on some of the contests. And well, I've been busy down in KL. Just got back.

Will get right down to the decisions ASAP. But my fallback plan is always to award it to myself. :wicked:

9. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

HARD time, I think the team has hard time deciding how they can try to keep these precious prizes to themselves:). Maybe they all runaway with the prizes, is that why you are going to Macau, Adrian, seems like timing is just impecable :think: :think: :lol: :lol:

10. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

LOL! Finding his hiding place in Macau and using all those prizes and converting it to chips? :haha:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

And not forgetting that Adrian has just collected all the contest prizes from me! :haha:

12. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

OH NOOOoooo!!!!! :wall:

13. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

so you are in it as well. AHA, we found the accomplice. :naughty: :naughty:

14. Adrian Wong

ROTFL! How did you guys find out about my plans! :doh: :haha:

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Actually, I have no idea about the plan until someone mentioned it. I wasn't expecting Adrian to have such evil plan before I passed it to him! :roll: :haha:

16. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

aha, so Adrian is running away. You know those prizes can get him a ticket to Macau and all the gambling money he needs. Quick someone stop him. :lol: :lol: :wicked:

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i think adrian gonna sell the stuffs in Macau :p

18. Adrian Wong

Haha.. Too late! TOO LATE! :twisted:

19. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

eh. when the contest results will be announced?

20. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Expecting to win something? ;) I am! :mrgreen: