OCZ PC3500 Gold Gamer eXtreme Edition DDR Memory Pictorial Review Posted!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Are you looking for the ultra-low latency memory without paying a premium price? Then the OCZ PC3500 Gold Gamer GX DDR memory might be what you are after!

Boasting a rated clock speed of 433MHz @ 2-2-2-5, these modules make use of Winbond BH-5 UTT memory chips! Check them out!

[​IMG]

Link : OCZ PC3500 Gold Gamer eXtreme Edition DDR Memory Pictorial Review!

2. zachig

zachig Newbie

Yay, that's an awesome memory for gamers with very tight timings. I personally still prefer the TCCD based memory modules. Too bad that most of the new memory modules on based on UTT BH-5 rather than TCCD. And those which are based on TCCD are more expensive.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Using UTT memory chips allows them to sell these modules at a lower price than they can with TCCD chips.

UTT chips are generally from wafers with poorer yields. So, some people consider them to be low-grade memory.

Then again, Winbond no longer sells the BH-5 per se. So, all their chips are sold as UTT, AFAIK.

4. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

umm this is a bit off topic, but what is TCCD chips and whats so speacial aboot them??

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

TCCD chips are produced by Samsung. What makes them so special is that they can run at timings of 2-2-2-5 at 200MHz (most can also do it up to 215-220) whereas most "value" chips do 2.5-3-3-x, 3-3-3-x, 2.5-4-4-8, etc. And when you loosen the timings for TCCD RAM to 2.5-3-3-7/8 or 2.5-4-3-7/8, most of them can go up to 280MHz and beyond.

6. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

ic ic wo how do u know if the mem u buy has tccd chips??

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

just look at your memory chips ..

they will say Samsung

and then at the bottom part they will state TCCD :p ..

8. Another off-topic question, how do I join the OCZ giveaway contest? :oops:

For some reason, I couldn't log in when I entered my email addie. :eh:

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

its not the same as forum login :p
    you have to register if you are a first time user:p

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

OT : The ARP mailing list is a double-opt-in mailing list. So, you need to register yourself at http://list.rojakpot.com/. Make sure you check both boxes.

Then, you will receive an e-mail to authenticate your e-mail address. You must click on the link in the e-mail to activate the registration.

Hope that helps you some! :)

11. Papercut

Papercut Newbie