6800gt or x800pro.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by orangutan, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. Normally, the team organizes a bulk buy. So far, we have done it twice. :thumb:

2. what did you bulk buy?

3. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

Please count me in ! How to contact you ,Adrian .We really don't have much choices down here, mainly 5200 stuff. They never heard about BFG, that why i was unable to build my own ! Once i was trying to assemble my own but the parts were so out of date that i have to give up and ordered a Dell instead.At least i got a 9800pro

4. Adrian Wong

Well, bunch of stuff like graphics card, sound card, flash cards, etc. Other weird stuff. :haha:

5. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

that's a great idea for people live outside of US to get cheaper stuff from US. It's good thing what you guys have done.

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Well, I once tried to help people by organizing a bulk buy for Mushkin memory but was lambasted for that.

That's why we now keep the bulk buys to Team ARP members only. If people have a trust issue, why bother? ;)

If you are interested in bulking with us, well, we can certainly consider it. What do you intend to get?

7. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

I want the BFG 6800GT OC ! I am sure u guy can do a good job.

8. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Ahh, orangutan, I see you're from Kuching too (=

I built my own system as well (check my sig ;) )

9. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

I can buy it for you guys if you wanted. Although, I need the money first 'cause I can't shed out that much money before hand.

10. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

So samsamha , where are u from ?

11. darkhorse

darkhorse Newbie

are u guys doing a bulk? i might be interested in getting the 6800 card. agp got?
    my board is still using agp :(

12. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

6800 cards are native AGP cards ;) Only Nvidia's latest cards, the 6600 and after it, are PCI-e native.

13. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

I am from LA.

14. darkhorse

darkhorse Newbie

oh, thanks for the info mate :thumb:

15. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

I think it is too much a hassle to source for the BFG. I will get someone to buy me the INNO3d 6800GT from Hong Kong and hand carry back. Anyone heard about this brand ? Check on inno3d.com about the product and tell me what u think ? Locally someone quote me a Asus one but only 128mb.Down here products are so out of date ! Recently i was in Hong Kong, they were pushing the wireless n series, locally we still stuck with the b series, not even the g series. It is really frustrating to source for hardware here ! Please chech out on the INNO3D for me , thanks !

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Inno3d should be ok as it follows the reference design... :mrgreen:

17. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

OK, i will stick to the INNO3D 6800 GT then. Singapore is selling at about RM1800-2000. Hong kong at about RM1600. Expect to receive it early Jan. If i want to OC it , what should i do ?

18. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Well just overclock it what else? :lol: Not satisfied with the results? Upgrade cooler. Still not enough? Voltage mod :lol: If you are still not satisfied, upgrade to phase change cooling :haha: :haha: just joking :p

19. orangutan

orangutan Newbie

Just rec the INNO3D 6800GT,installed , download the nvidia 66.93 driver and downloaded coolbits too. Try a few games at high resolution, look pretty good. Being a newbie don't quite dare go into OC right away. anyone can point a direction ! don't hv any additional cooling yet, saw my core/memory is at 350mhz/1.00ghz which is quite low compare to the results that i gathered from few forums. I don't want to end up with a expensive paperweight ! cheer

20. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

this wont hurt the card at all. use rivatuner and unlock the pipelines. you might just have a ultra for the cost of nothing. if it doesnt, work then undo the softmod.