7300GT VS 6600GT

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by mista_haqeem, Aug 11, 2006.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

This card is a rare species - it's already overclocked and best of all, it has a free Zalman cooler. Even the RAMs are equipped with heatsinks. I don't know about the 7600GS, but I'm quite sure it'll be only slightly faster than the 7300GT, except the 7600GS has more pipelines.

And it's only RM30 more than the MSI 7300GT which has only DDR2 and normal heatsinks.

[Eh... where's the molex connector for the 7300GT graphics card?? I can't seem to find it, but the manual book told me to connect it. Hmm... there's NO molex connector there at all... Is it natural to have no molex connectors on the budget card??]

Edit: On HL2 - with mostly maxed out settings in my rig - it's smooth, and almost no glitch there... only some minor slowdowns which will solve itself after 2 secs later. CPU and HDD usage are extremely low, and only both active when loading to a new level.

On SWAT4 - all maxed out settings - nothing wrong at all. Loading is quite fast - 25 secs total for a new scenario.

I don't know whether this thing can perform okay in F.E.A.R... anyone tried that on that card?

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

There is no molex connector on 7300GT :mrgreen:

F.E.A.R.? 6600GT also can play so no worries xD

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You will only need to use power connectors for 7800 class or higher.

4. The_YongGrand

I see.

And this Galaxy 7300GT card is also SLi compatible - there's a SLi connector which you can pair it up with another same card as well. I don't have the motherboard for this, but joining two of 'em will give awesome performance!! :cool:

The card is overclocked too: 500MHz = Core speed and memory clock frequency = 700MHz.

Maybe I can push it up a little, who knows? :thumb:

And the chubby little card took up a small PCIE slot - but I don't need this right? :mrgreen:

5. The_YongGrand

This is the HL2 played with my 1st rig below:

[​IMG]

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Looks like you love this card very much :thumb: :haha:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Thats looking good! :D

8. The_YongGrand

I'll get more screenshots - this game is operating in my 1st rig with 2x AA and 4x Anistropic filtering or 2x Anistropic and 4x AA (whichever comes first).

Tried the settings: 4x AA and 4x Anistropic - still working good.

Next: 4x AA and 8x Anistropic.

Wondering whether this card can really be as fast as the 7600GS. :think: :think:

9. Chai

The performance hit on AF is quite minimal.

10. mista_haqeem

mista_haqeem Newbie

XFX 7600gt...
    PC Fair price = RM675

11. The_YongGrand

Oh, and how can I write a review about my Geforce 7300GT? Is there a special place I can do that? :D

12. holdaway

holdaway Newbie

As a matter of interest, how would an SLi setup with 2xDDR3 7300GTs compare to the previously mentioned X1800GTO? There's not much in the price, and the attraction of having SLi, even with a budget card, is pretty good...

13. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Welcome to ARP :wave:
    Personally I feel that the appeal of the X1800GTO is being able to unlock it and overclock it...if you have done all that, then you'd probably end up with something in-between an X1800XL and X1800XT. In that case I don't think SLIed 7300GTs will stand a chance :lol:

14. holdaway

holdaway Newbie

Thank you for the welcome, and for the quick reply! :)

Nothing I should know about the X1800GTO then? I'm currently using a 6600GT, and would like to upgrade, but don't have a huge amount to spend.

Alternatively, how does the 7600GT compare to the X1800GT? I'm mainly playing WoW at the moment, although I do play the odd FPS, and will be getting BF2142 when it arrives...

15. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Again, if you mod and overclock the X1800, the 7600GT would stand no chance. At stock I guess they are fairly even but I'm not 100% sure about that :think:

Alternatively, you could consider the X1900GT which has come down a lot in price over the last few days. I'm not clear on whether it's moddable/unlockable though, or the success rate if it is.

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Sure! :D

If you prefer to post in the forums, you can create a thread like this - [REVIEW] Galaxy GeForce 7300 GT Graphics Card.

Or if you prefer to write a review for the main site, you can send us the pictures and text (via e-mail).

17. The_YongGrand

Oh I see.

And tried HL2 with 8x AA and 4x Anisotropic - pretty good results. No lag whatsoever. And the same with 4x AA and 8x Anistropic.

Doom3 - same, but only 4x AA in-game gives the same results as the HL2. And a minor lag is evident when encountering monsters all over the place. Still this is very playable. :cool:

Graphics temp will never even exceed 50 degrees celcius. What a cool video card, it's so special!

This card is very suitable for budget gaming, simple home family PC, and media-centre PC. However, this card has a particular weakness - it couldn't do any HD and Widescreen gaming properly. And most people don't have the system yet so the weakness wouldn't bother so much of gaming. :haha:

18. Chai

8xAA? Are you sure it's enabled?

I don't think it's playable.

19. The_YongGrand

Eh.. the 8x AA is only enabled in the nVidia graphics setup panel, not in-game.

But I just set 2x AA in HL2 and it did fine without any lag. Provided I put the extra settings in the nVidia display panel. :rolleyes:

20. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

i totally hate that 73GT,
    it juz simply destroy the value of our mid-range cards..