7400 GO soft modding

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Darkjuda2, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Darkjuda2

Darkjuda2 Newbie

[RESOLVED] 7400 GO soft modding

Hi there,

i tried to soft mod my GeForce 7400 into a Quadro, since there is no equivalent in quadro (01D8) I choose a Quadro FX 360 (01DE).
    Although it seem to work, I didn't success to activate professionnal capabilies.
    I checked the box in nvstrap menu of RivaTuner, but a the restart nothing changed.

Is there someone with a 7400 Go who soft mod it who can tel me what he did to soft mod it? Or only someone with a piece of advice?

Thanks

Excuse my poor english I'm french.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You are referring to the GeForce Go 7400? If it's a GeForce Go, then it's a mobile GPU. You will need to look for an equivalent mobile Quadro.

3. Darkjuda2

Darkjuda2 Newbie

Indeed, it's a GeForce Go 7400 on a Laptop, I found that the GeForce Go 7400 == Quadro FX 350M but when I go to nvidia website, the 350M isn't listed, can I still try?

Next the problem is in RivaTuner,in nvstrap, when I choose the 01D8 for custom identification, it's written unknown device.
    Will windows still ask me for a quadro driver when i'll reboot?
    And will I get the professional capabilities?
    Or must I choose the 01DE ( FX 350) and install the FX350M driver?
    Or must I choose Quadro identification?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  4. Adrian Wong

Probably not listed anymore under the current list. Look at the legacy (old) GPU list. You should find it there.

AFAIK, you must choose the FX 370 ID.

5. Darkjuda2

Darkjuda2 Newbie

Hummm. . .
    I found that on some forum people said the 7400 Go ==> NVS Quadro 120M(01DB) which is a bussiness card AND a Quadro FX 350M.
    Which one will give me the best perfs?

I choose it 01DB in nvstrap athough ther' s still defined as an "unknown device",then I reboot and installed the NVS 120M driver taken on nvidia site.

Seem to work better, with less bug than with the FX 350 ID and driver.
    This time, real view isn't enabled anymore in SolidWorks andin RivaTuner I still can't access professionnal cababilities.
    Is it normal?
    Do I lose performance?
    Enabling masked units will unlock the professional cababilities?
    How can I know if my card will support it?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  6. Adrian Wong

The Quadro NVS is a 2D-only business GPU AFAIK, so don't choose that.

7. Darkjuda2

Darkjuda2 Newbie

Seems like I can't install the quadro 350M FX driver using the install, so I installed it manually and reboot.
    All seemed to be working but when I open SolidWork it just crash in the five secondes.

I restarted all the manip and installed the 350 FX driver which has some bug but nevertheless works.

Thanks