8800GTX pics

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by PowerSlide, Oct 25, 2006.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Another behemoth... :faint:

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wah-lau! Many molex connectors on that card? Wonder how many watts do they drink??

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

"Only" 2 PCI Express power connector actually. Those convertors are for people using older PSUs.

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

"Only" 2 :mrgreen: :lol:

6. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

7. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

read 3 reviews alreadi...
    the power consumption worries me..

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully I can find that out soon enough. :)

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

This card is ridiculously fast....

10. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

All this hype about the G80 lol. I shall be steadfast in my faith of ATI. I shall pray that the miracle of Fast14 dynamic logic, superior build libraries, and advanced routing will bring down the demonic gods of Nvidia and their TWIMTBP.

Amen. LOL.

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

hehe, you missed one thing: ati's quest for a larger motherboard (as the card is longer than the mobo) :haha: :faint: :faint:

12. tashkavarish

tashkavarish Newbie

What case fits this card???

Here's a dumb question, who has a case that can take a 8800 GTX?

I mean I've just gotten a X1950XTX and its right there with the hdd.
    The gpu's power and hdd's sata cable are about 2mm distance from one another. From what I read the GTX is like 2in. longer than the 1950. Is an antec p180 a small case? It doesn't feel like it, well until you see these monsters...

And whatever happened to those laptop-style power brick using video cards from asus or the likes, instead of these ground disaster waiting to happen 5 1/4 power supplies.

13. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Some mid towers can handle the length of a 8800GTX and a mid tower with a perpendicular HD rack helps.

Full size towers shouldn't have a problem like the CM Stacker. There are several other cases that the 8800GTX fits.

The 8800GTX is a bit longer than the motherboard when installed so it shouldn't be a problem in most mid towers since the PCI-E power connectors are on the top of the card.

14. zachig

zachig Newbie

OMG!!! :shock: I'm drooling all over the floor!!! :haha:

I think I'm gonna start saving money right from this moment, as I really want to buy this one...:roll:

Thanks for the pictures, werty! ;)

15. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

by the time you get yourself enough money for this, better ones would come out again...then you wont be interested with this oledi:haha: :haha:

16. zachig

zachig Newbie

That's OK...I'm not starting from ZERO budget, I have some money I save for such cases (in the safe...:lol: :shhh: ). But still, what I have is not enough...:(

And yeah, you're right. I'm pretty that as soon as I'll buy the 8800GTX, a new video card will pop up. :lol:

Who knows, I have a feeling that in a few months from now we'll se some 89XX cards...;)

17. tashkavarish

tashkavarish Newbie

I'm tempted to get a 8800 GTX except for 3 things:

I just got a x1950xtx which isn't nearly close the upgrade I thought it would be (from x800xl).

No idea if it'll fit the case.

I would get it to improve NWN2 performance, but seems even people with sli'ed 8800 gtx's are having problems...

What will I need to be able to play smoothly at 1920x1200 on this 2 year old lcd??

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  18. zachig

zachig Newbie

I think a 8800GTx will fit in your case, which case do you have???

Oh...it really suprises me that a X1950XTX is not enough to run NWN2 on full settings in 1920x1200 resolution? :?

May you don't have enough RAM...how much do you have? (I hope it's more than 1GB. If not, first of all, you should have at least 2GB of RAM).

Hope this helps...gotta go...:wave:

19. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I read a rumour that Nvidia were readying the G81 refresh (ie. probably the 8900) for Cebit in March.

20. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

I haven't heard about a refresh to the 8800's, but I have heard about there up coming mainstream cards due out this spring............:)