A Look Back at WarCraft

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zenphic, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Got to hand it to Blizzard they were very successful at copying the warhammer universe at very the beginning.

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I always thought that WarCraft looked a lot like Warhammer's universe. I figured it was a coincidence... I guess not :think:

4. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Yea, it even spawned a lawsuit between the two companies for IP infringement, Blizzard won that one.

5. Diablofox420

Diablofox420 Newbie

Warcraft 3 was the best

6. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I don't like the whole hero system though. Hero rush at the beginning the game is so ghey :naughty:

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

A lot of people don't like the hero system, especially those who play StarCraft.

8. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Heheh you're so right. I'm a StarCraft player :thumb:
    I'm just hoping Blizzard aren't going to do it in StarCraft 2! But they did do the unique Protoss unit, the Mothership... :faint:

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Well, at least there's no leveling up involved :lol:, so it's not exactly like WarCraft III. It is expensive and hard to build too.

10. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I love the music from Warcraft II :mrgreen:

11. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

I guess I'm a Warcraft III player then. The gazillions of custom maps wouldn't be possible without a hero system. IMHO if someone can't take a little harassment at the beginning of the game they deserve to be trampled ove.r

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Warcraft 2 has excellent soundtrack.

13. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Heh I still have the midi's of WC2's soundtrack gathering dust in a corner of my oldest hard drive.

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I was just playing it using SynthFont using a 200+MB soundfont! :haha:

15. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

16. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

This is the game that actually contributes to cybercafe owner huge profits.

I remembered this period few years back when it's dota craze, so crazy that the cybercafe is so full, they had to buy over the next shop, or throw in more computers upstairs, stuffs like that, just to play dota.

Then when they super uber low graphics game begin to become not so popular, cc owners try to save their cc, some shifted half of their operations (PC) to other areas, while those remaining in the areas manage to link their LAN together, so you can play LAN games with neighbouring CC.

Well as for today, it's dying again, and games like COD had manage to help them to sustain their operations.

17. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Dota never was and never will be a proper AOS. I was part of a clan that did things right, you wouldn't see us in gaming cafes but we were organising leagues with prizes such as gaming mice/keyboards, CPUs, graphics cards. Even at the top level dota was just a noob's comfort and we never included it in our leagues.

18. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I think that's only in Malaysia :haha:

19. I just wished the game looked better:)

20. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

It follows Blizzard's cartoon-ish/comic-ish style. Just look at Diablo III. It's obvious they aren't trying to make it look like real-life. Still nice though! :thumb: