Abit or DFI???

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by dalivision, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yeah that's really annoying. I mean, I'm a really new-school overclocker but at least I took the trouble to learn about the proper procedures, etc. I see so many people on other forums who only know how to increase their FSB - they have NO idea what a RAM divider is ( :nuts: ) and they don't do any stress testing. They assume that as long as it boots into Windows, it's stable. :wall:

2. tgenesis

tgenesis Newbie

I have the DFI nForce4 Ultra-D motherboard and I can testify to it's 1337 nature. Fantastic overclocker although I must admit, learning all the settings was really hard. Took some time. At the end of the day, if you don't mind spending time and making the most out of your hardware, DFI is the way to go. For now at least.

And yes, stress testing is VERY important. Run SuperPi, OCCT and Prime95, oh and Memtest on your ram.

3. bizzy

bizzy Newbie

hehe like me ... i just make it stable means everything :p
    most of people just hav a little time on OC not that really pro who can spend a lot of time sittin infront on it and play around.

4. zachig

zachig Newbie

Everyone who thinks about going for Overclocking should consider a DFI mobo.

And of course, if you have AMD, you should definitely consider one of the DFI NF4 mobos, which are the BEST for Overclocking.

Yeah, DFI rulez!!!!!!!!

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

It doesn't have to be very time consuming. You can just leave Prime95 on overnight, or do a Super Pi 32M run when you're going out somewhere/watching TV.

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

unfortunately, the RAM thingy is pretty much depend on the CPU than the board as the memory controller is no longer located in the northbridge. Samsung TCCD just happened to be very "overclocking friendly" to the AMD ondie memory controller. no special optimization or whatsoever. however, it's for sure that the DFI team is a team that always goes for quality instead of livedemo results/bragging right. they always insist in using 6 layers PCB in order to achieve better signalling, and not to mention they have probably the best designing team..etc. Mr Jarry Chang, the guy who designed IC7 previously and now working together with Oskar Wu at DFI.

7. shiroamada

shiroamada Newbie

I'm using DFI board ,it is q stable.... but the CPU temp like got problem...

8. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

get dfi. recommended.

1 person likes this.
  9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

bingo!
    rep point added :mrgreen: :beer:

10. wedfighter

wedfighter Newbie

I'm also using DFI
    it damn solid rocks mobo!! :D
    i can do HTT 410 with just stock coolin
    really great performance board :D
    Highly recommended :)

1 person likes this.
  11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

rep point added :mrgreen: :beer: :thumb:

12. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Haha, this thread is still alive, eh?

I'm a DFI user myself too. Phok, where are my rep points?? ;)

But seriously I love DFI.(check sig for details)

1 person likes this.
  13. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Phok...I'm also going to buy a DFI soon :shifty:

14. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

frankly speaking i'm not into OC and will not be doing that to my mobo....but my ABit AN7 mobo really sucked big time!!! shud hv listened to the IT guy when he recommend me to buy DFI instead!!!

now i'm thinking of buying a new mobo...anything but ABIT!!! :wall:

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I dunno if the NF2 DFI is reliable or not. I remember phok had trouble with his I think. I'm happy with my DFI. :mrgreen:

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

the reason why now Im so into DFI board is because I personally met the designer of all these kickass boards, Mr Jarry Chang, at Computex. Jarry is a very passionate engineer whose goal is to design very tweakable and overclockable boards to the enthusiast. his team always insist in low noise and interference design, which is a very costy design as you need at least 6 layers PCB to achieve that, as well as very high quality components. they do not want to sacrifice the tweaking/overclocking potential. This is why DFI board is so expensive. you are paying for the quality, not the brand. I admired and appreciate his and Oskar's passion and determination in bringing the best to the community.
    He is a very capable designer. his past records speak for him. SLI-RD, ABIT IC7.. Asus took 6 months to come out with a crossfire board, he took only 2 months, and with a de-tuned BIOS, the board managed to run at 2-2-2-6 timing. unbelievable.