Adrian's Rojak Pot Christmas Giveaway Contest!

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Adrian Wong, Nov 29, 2003.

1. sumurai

sumurai Newbie

hi guys, didn't notice this thread :mrgreen: hmm did I won the tshirt? :mrgreen: mine is size L thank you.

2. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

stil workin on it?!
    :eh:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

omg .. you are back ..
    to haunt ARP forum :haha:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Everybody!!! HIDE!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

5. wildfrogman

wildfrogman Newbie

I just wanted to drop by and say hi to everybody. Does anyone know when the shirts will be finished? I havnt heard much about them recently.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello wildfrogman, I'm really quite embarrassed by the delay.

As I mentioned earlier, I wasted quite a bit of time on two printers. After wasting time finalizing the prices and details, the first printer dropped the bomb and said that they cannot print the design without significant changes. :wall: So, out with them.

Then, we got another printer. This time, courtesy of Chris-X from the Low Yat Forums. However, after finalizing EVERYTHING, including the design this time; the printer suddenly started avoiding me. I spent one entire month chasing them but the lady who coordinated it all just refused to commit. Very odd, very unprofessional.

I recently checked out another printer. But they are charging so much. 2-3X more than normal. Probably because it's all going through one or two middlemen. So scrap that as well.

Now, we have Dashken checking out things over in Penang and my aunt's rechecking her contacts. My God... It really makes me feel so frustrated. I've been trying to get the t-shirts printed for MONTHS!

Are Malaysian printers so useless? :roll:

7. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

go back where u done ur arp shirt last time?
    :!:

8. Adrian Wong

The quality of the last print was REALLY bad. No way I'm going to print the t-shirts there. :sick:

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Gone la like that... :think:

10. Adrian Wong

I just found another printer. He told me this morning that printing it isn't going to be a problem. But it will be costly. Well, I said fine but make sure you can do the design.

Later, he reported that he cannot print the t-shirt like that. :doh:

Apparently, Never Ezra's design is too complicated. The letter P folds over the sleeve and there is a diagonal line that also folds around the shirt. Too complicated. :doh:

He says he will try asking another printer. :wall:

Worse comes to worse, we may need to use another design. Sigh...

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Sad... whole Malaysia doesn't have a printer that can do it? :think:

12. Adrian Wong

I don't know. I'm still searching. Help me search, Dashken! :mrgreen:

13. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

mebbe just run another t-shirt design contest????? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

14. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

y dun do in sg?
    :p

15. Adrian Wong

In Singapore?? :roll:

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You think Sg cheap? :roll: :doh:

17. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

i dont think uts about being able to do it...its about how much effort they put in versus the amount of money they are getting paid.....

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The design really do seem complicated. :think:

19. Adrian Wong

The problem is not in the printing. It's in the design. You see the design overlaps from the front to the back and a sleeve in two places.

They can print the design but they have to ensure the prints line up properly and that's what's causing all the problem. They want us to reduce the size of the design so it fits into the front but that really makes it look ugly.

So, either we keep on looking for one willing to do it or we get a new design. But let's get the t-shirt done ASAP! :mad:

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Have to faster do, CS5 can't wait liao. :D